2014 Bustos good?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2015
Looking for some info on the 2014 Bustos fastpitch bat. Seems like they are out there for a decent price. Is it worth it or should I wait to find a CF6?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The Bustos is a metal barrel and composite or fiberglass handle. It only comes in a -13 as far as I know. It's fine for a player playing in 8u and depending upon the strength of the player, maybe 10u/first year 12u as well. However, if you have a player that is strong enough to swing a heavier bat with good swing mechanics and the bat speed remains the same, then go with the full composite CF6 which comes in multiple drop weights depending on the model i.e. sprite, vendetta etc.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
...CF6 which comes in multiple drop weights depending on the model i.e. sprite, vendetta etc.

A clarification...The Vendetta is not a CF-series bat. The Vendetta is a 2-piece all-composite bat, but a step under the CF-series.

Boggs - How old is your player?

Sep 22, 2013
I don't know the Bustos bat all that well but I would get a Demarini CF6 Sprite. Great lighter weight bat (drop 11) for a younger player and solid discounts can be found on many websites. This bat was the best of the CF6 lineup (IMHO). More money but a big upgrade over the Bustos.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
The Bustos isn't a bad bat for its price point. Its obviously not in the same class as the CF series but if you don't need to or can't spend the extra cash to step up, they are still a good hitting bat for younger girls. I don't know how strong your DD is but they are fairly easy to overpower and then start having durability issues at the barrel/handle connection point. They were really popular in the rec leagues that DD played in at 10u and I seen some really good hits off of them. It is really easy to get caught up in the bat hype but hitting is more about the Indian than the arrow.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
If your DD was in just LL then a Bustos would be fine but the CF6 has the performance and feel of a real bat and not something that is made for more of a good beginner.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Most smaller kids don't get any more out of a full composite v a metal bat. The Bustos is a great little bat. DD used one into 12s. For contact hitters or slappers you can't beat the price. Composite handle removes most of the sting on mis-hit balls.

I concur with Arkfastpitch...hitting is more about the Indian.

Mar 1, 2015
So this being said would the vendetta or bustos be a better fit? Price is close on them. Want to make sure her hands don't sting:).

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I do not have anything bad to say about the Bustos bat, it is only going to be a 1 or maybe 1/2 a year bat for her though. Hopefully she will outgrow it fairly quickly. That is why I think it is silly to spend too much money on a bat at younger ages but people can spend their money how they want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG