11u pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Some words of wisdom...

Amanda Scarborough via Facebook said:
Pitchers' parents : The best advice I have for you? BE PATIENT. It's a process. It takes time. Pitching is hard. Look for the positives. Point them out. Understand there will always be things to work on and they will all come around at different times. It will take longer and/or never happen if you are not finding and helping your pitcher see the positives every day about her pitching craft.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Here was the straw that broke the camel's back yesterday and is making me crazy. A class A travel team invited her to 'guest pitch' yesterday. She was really excited & she hadn't pitched more than 1 or 2 games the last week, so we were all for it. We've never played for an A team- doubtful we've ever seen more than one or 2 A teams in the small tournaments we've played in so far. The team she pitched for yesterday started her against a nationally ranked team. And wow- we got creamed. She's never given up a home run ever in her life ever. Someone hit one out of the park against her yesterday. She only walked one. On the home run- the coach told her to throw low and she hit her spot perfectly where he told her, and the girl drove it out anyway.

When you play against a good A-level team they are going to have players that can hit home runs off good pitches. Pitches do not have to be belt high "meatballs" to go yard. I tell my DD that when she makes her best pitch and the batter hits a HR, just give her a golf clap and move on to the next pitch. The best pitchers in the world occasionally give up home runs, so why should your DD be any different?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
When you play against a good A-level team they are going to have players that can hit home runs off good pitches. Pitches do not have to be belt high "meatballs" to go yard. I tell my DD that when she makes her best pitch and the batter hits a HR, just give her a golf clap and move on to the next pitch. The best pitchers in the world occasionally give up home runs, so why should your DD be any different?

I would also like to point out that your DD probably just transitioned from 10U (11" ball at 35') to 12U (12" ball at 40') and it is a HUGE adjustment. The hardest my DD has ever been hit was the Fall of our first year 12U season. There is a huge maturity difference between a young first year player and old second year player. Just keep working hard and the rest will take care of itself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs