10yo DD - Trying to get more SNF

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2012
Still working on her swing. Trying to get more SNF.

Took video with iPhone and tried slowing it down a bit so quality is not great.

[video=youtube_share;KXzo1SB9xb0]http://youtu.be/KXzo1SB9xb0[/video]

Let me know what you think.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Love the TnR !!!

PC_Jayla%20%28L%29.gif
Jayla%20%28R%29.gif

She needs to show me the first logo... I'm thinking it's the pigeon toeing... or an open stance cause the loss of a note in the rythmatic chain.... I'm starting to see a drag instead of a tap of the toe, I like that... shes on her way with that move...and then to the roll over next...JMHO...watch this... never mind the SFB's took it out with the malware... I'll post it again

BERRY.gif
BERRY%28R%29.gif

Also see how close her hands match... and the bat don't come back behind the helmet...

I *remember first seeing your Post about TnR... we been doing it every since :{)) I also referred your thread... I'm thinking even slappers can benefit from TnR

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2012
batdragon, nice to see the progression. Not sure if you are a BBD reader or not but you need to check out the thread on Sequence:
Sequence at BBD

Your DD is out of Sequence. Being in sequence is not some magic cure all, but being out of Sequence is preventing her from arriving at "launching" with any amount of SnF.

A) She is getting all loaded / coiled as part of her negative move (toe tap back). Negative moves are fine but hitter should mostly be in "neutral" during them.
B) Because of A) she is uncoiling or more accurately incorrectly stretching between lead leg and hands during the forward move when this is when she should be coiling.
C) Because of B) she is already stretched out and thus can do nothing but push into the front side when she should be loading/stretching at this point
D) Because of C) her swing is an unloading push swing when it should be a loading, upper resistance vs. lower drive, SnF "launching" swing.

It starts at the beginning. I think understanding a Sequence will help her SnF better.

FielderAC.gif

See how Prince is in Neutral during the tap back (not totally as he has some rhythm going and starts increasing the rear leg pressure). Then it's not till the move out (which is timed to pitcher release so that what happens next happens during ball in flight) that the coiling happens and the rear leg continues driving and you see the tipping action happening (light bulb 1 going on), followed by the stretching/loading into "foot plant" (light bulb 2 going on), so that he arrives at frame 35 in a SnF like position where his rear leg is actively driving inward, and the upper is actively resisting rearward and you can enter "launching" and turn on light bulb 3 and blow up the lights just like Roy Hobbs.

(You'll have to read the thread at BBD to get the light bulb analogy :) )

Keep up the good work, you are way ahead of the game at 10!

--NoonTime

Oct 25, 2009
Swing is not bad. Tee is too far out toward the pitcher (looks like it is causing her to reach). Tee is set too high. Metal bat needs to be replaced with composite. But her swings looks pretty good. Throw the barrel.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
batdragon, nice to see the progression. Not sure if you are a BBD reader or not but you need to check out the thread on Sequence:
Sequence at BBD

Your DD is out of Sequence. Being in sequence is not some magic cure all, but being out of Sequence is preventing her from arriving at "launching" with any amount of SnF.

A) She is getting all loaded / coiled as part of her negative move (toe tap back). Negative moves are fine but hitter should mostly be in "neutral" during them.
B) Because of A) she is uncoiling or more accurately incorrectly stretching between lead leg and hands during the forward move when this is when she should be coiling.
C) Because of B) she is already stretched out and thus can do nothing but push into the front side when she should be loading/stretching at this point
D) Because of C) her swing is an unloading push swing when it should be a loading, upper resistance vs. lower drive, SnF "launching" swing.

It starts at the beginning. I think understanding a Sequence will help her SnF better.

FielderAC.gif

See how Prince is in Neutral during the tap back (not totally as he has some rhythm going and starts increasing the rear leg pressure). Then it's not till the move out (which is timed to pitcher release so that what happens next happens during ball in flight) that the coiling happens and the rear leg continues driving and you see the tipping action happening (light bulb 1 going on), followed by the stretching/loading into "foot plant" (light bulb 2 going on), so that he arrives at frame 35 in a SnF like position where his rear leg is actively driving inward, and the upper is actively resisting rearward and you can enter "launching" and turn on light bulb 3 and blow up the lights just like Roy Hobbs.

(You'll have to read the thread at BBD to get the light bulb analogy :) )

Keep up the good work, you are way ahead of the game at 10!

--NoonTime
Hey Noon, what's your definition of SnF?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
High tee is good for tightening up the swing.

I like to perform a hitting sequence where the first drill emphasizes Urban Surfing (having the train leave the station) followed by the next drill emphasizing high tee ... where the purpose of the high tee drill is to activate the hands at the TOP of the train. Then perform normal swings where one feels the Urban Surfing in their swing, followed by the High Tee hand activation in their swing ... one swing where both the benefit of Urban Surfing and High Tee are combined. I do this with a tee to introduce the sequence and then do it live. For the live hitting the High Tee feel is basically activating the hands from the TOP of the train ... regardless of the height of the pitched ball. Then repeat all three steps as the weight of the barrel is increased.

Aug 28, 2012
@1CA #SnF 1) a drill. 2) inward pressured rear leg vs resisting hip and up. 3) launching with 2). 4) but the best would be if I could somehow start my answer and then you could interrupt with a clip of The Rock saying...

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR DEFINITION IS!!!

Sep 17, 2009
@1CA #SnF 1) a drill. 2) inward pressured rear leg vs resisting hip and up. 3) launching with 2). 4) but the best would be if I could somehow start my answer and then you could interrupt with a clip of The Rock saying...

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR DEFINITION IS!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog