10U Rec Parents...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 23, 2015
Texas
It does sound like you might have changed the Team rules in the middle of the season. Also sounds like you have a good Board and this might all work out for everyone’s benefit. Be consistent with the rules and I bet everything will work out OK.

One of your jobs is to coach the parents. That is why they pay you the big bucks. :)

I probably did, but I just couldn't let it continue. It just wasn't fair to the 2 girls that are always there...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Anyway, player x's mother came to the dugout furious because her child was in outfield and at the bottom of the batting lineup. She told me her daughter would not play this weekend's tourney and will not pay to rent a batting cage, if she is going to be at the bottom of the line up.

My response would have been to have her DD pack her stuff up and find another team.

Feb 23, 2015
Texas
Unfortunately, since it is rec, I couldn't do that. As for packing her stuff??? Her mom did that and took it out of the dugout before the game was even over. If she would have come up to bat again, we would have had to let her use someone else's stuff. After the game, the kid let all of us know she was happy the game was over.

Mar 21, 2013
The parents are usually the reason the kid is like that anyway. So, saying anything further would probably do nothing more than take valuable breaths away from your overall lifetime quota therefor creating a shorter life span.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207