10U DD pitching - looking for a drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Looks like she has a little torso lean and is off the power line. Once she plants the led foot at a 45 on the power line, I'd work on the lean (nose over or behind the belly button at release).

Apr 9, 2014
SoAZDad - Yes, its that torso lean that I'd like to fix and was hoping to remedy that with perhaps better resistance. Just not sure the best way to do that other than keep taking to her about posture. Thanks for your input.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Okay, a bit more then. My DD had an extreme lean. Her PC went at it different ways, and I'm not sure which one(s) got it corrected. He first started drilling her about balance. He had her go 1/4 speed or so and try to stop near release. He called it nose over the belly button that provides vertical balance. She's catch herself before she fell forward. Then he'd do it 1/2 speed, and 3/4 speed. Another thng he did was work with her on the timing of shifting her load so the stride was timed off the pitcher's plate with the throwing hand. Lesson after lesson, he'd ask her after throwing both leaning and balanced (tall) pitches if she felt "balanced on that one." Suddenly after awhile, she had corrected it. He helped her feel the lean and correct it herself.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors