Xeno durability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2012
I've read about numerous durability issues with the 2013 Xenos but how about previous years.

I've become quite a bat hoarder (for my DD) and know someone who has the 2012 Xeno (Black) in great condition for a great price.

Is there much difference between the 2012 and 2013. Does either seem to hold up better than the other?

I've had a couple people from our TT tell me the 2013 Blue/wht is a "much better" bat then it predecessor. Of course these parents have the 2013 for their DD.

Apr 13, 2013
Could be dead wrong here but I think the durability issue has to do with batters overpowering their bat.

DD has a 2011 30/20 that she has been using for a couple years and still seems to be OK. Now if I were to hit it, it would have broken a long time ago because it was not design for someone my size.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Watched one snap in half this weekend. Our pitcher went inside on a regular sized 14U kid who hit right about where the handle meets the barrel. At first I thought the bat flew out of her hands but no, it was the barrel that went sailing into the circle. BR was out at first. BR Dad out a few hundred bucks.

Feb 24, 2013
Saw one break last weekend. It was a replacement for the One X. The girl is a 12u player, not a power hitter and it snapped in half on a foul ball. Just not a reliable bat. The broken half sailed down the first base line.

Yep, definitely a design flaw. Great bats when they hold together, but they can't be trusted to do so. Supposed to be something to do with the parts that are designed to keep the bat from getting hotter and exceeding current regulations. The come loose, then rattle and eventually cause the bat shear off at the connection between handle and barrel.

I've heard a rumor the 2014 model addresses this concern. I hope so, as the Xeno is an incredibly hot bat.

Jul 23, 2012
Thanks everyone, I think I'll wait for the new Xeno's to come and see if they prove themselves more reliable.

The DD has done real well with her 31" 2012 CF5 Insane but wants something longer. She's hit quite a few off the end for outs and it's in her head that the bat is too short.

Sep 3, 2009
The black Xenos had durability issues also. My dd 4'11" maybe 100lbs dripping with sweat, broke her Xeno, and the warranty replacement...

Jun 24, 2011
DD has been using a 2011 30/20 for two years playing year round, along with numerous other teammates. No durability issues here. It's never hit anything but a softball, no training balls/cages.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
DD just got the 2014 Xeno at the Firecracker...not out to the general market yet. Supposedly some redesign, including "more composite material".

She says it doesn't sound quite as harsh as her 2013, for what that's worth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles