Xeno -11 Feel vs LXT-10

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

So we are looking for a new bat for DD and looking at LS bats.

I'm looking at Eric F's database on bat weights and the 31/20 Xeno weighs within a few tenths of an ounce of a 31/21 LXT, actually almost with some overlap.

I'm wondering all else considered, how would anyone who has swung both consider the feel of these two? I've swung a few swings with a 31/21 Xeno and I know while it is considered balanced, most people say it has a slight end loaded feel. I could certainly feel that on the -10. Would the -11 feel more balanced like an LXT -10. I actually haven't swung an LXT but I should get a chance to swing one on Wednesday for comparison. Don't think I can get them side by side though.

Other than that, I know the LXT is a 3 piece vs 2 pieces for the Xeno. What practical differences would you all expect to see for the extra $50 price tag on the LXT? Less chance of a stinger on bad contact?

Jun 11, 2012
15yo DD has had both in a 33/23. According to her the LXT swings lighter than the Xeno. She prefers the Xeno but she has always swung a heavier bat than most kids her size/weight.

How old/big is your DD and what does she swing now?

If you decide to get her a new bat talk to Todd (coresoftball20). He's got great prices and quick shipping

That -11 Xeno will still feel a bit more "end-loaded" than the -10 LXT. While the Xeno certainly isn't an end-loaded bat in the traditional sense, it does have a balance point that is a tiny bit farther out toward the barrel than the LXT. It makes a difference in feel but doesn't seem to effect bat speed.

The LXT is a very balanced bat that swings very light due to that balance. It really all comes down to what your DD prefers feel-wise. Both are hotter than a volcano and both will be very gentle on her hands.

If your DD prefers the Xeno, just smile and save $50. If she likes the LXT, just smile and spend the extra $50. ;)

Angels, that was exactly what I was looking for. I knew a -10 in each would feel a lot more end loaded in the Xeno.

DD has improved dramatically since jumping into a TB. She was swinging a longer lighter bat in rec ball - frankly one that was too long because of her fear of fast but wild rec ball pitchers. Her first rec ball plate appearance in 10U at age 9 she took a fastball on the hand on the second pitch that broke her finger. Ump called it a foul - she waited until the next pitch to start crying - another story for another time. Anyway, it's resulted in her constantly backing out of the box against anyone with a hint of wild.

Since joining the TB team and getting real instruction plus hitting against a fast machine, she has developed confidence in a very short time. She also feels like TB pitchers are going to be more accurate, so she's in on the plate where she belongs. She's had 5 PA in 2 friendlies and put 4 balls in play with solid contact + walked once on 4 pitches. She would have been a K last year in at least 2 AB for sure. Now she's comfy, but swinging this 32/19 with little pop. 31" is the right length for her but I'd like to jump her up to a -10 ASAP. She's a 2003.

So rather than treat the symptom, we're finally ready to cure the disease. ;) We'll give this 31/21 LXT a try on Thursday and see how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi