Winning versus Learning

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
during pool play I can some what agree with batting 12.I can't agree with it when the brackets are made up.Last weekend it killed us.Pitcher gets on base 3 times,not a fast runner at all,but a good hitter.Could of used a runner but can't,because we are batting the order.This Sunday we didn't get back to the top of the order until the 4th inning.First inning lead off strikes out,2nd batter gets a hit.3rd batter takes the first pitch,girl steals 2nd,3rd batter puts bat on the ball,hits it the air to right,caught but girl on 2nd tags and now stands on 3rd.4th batter swings at to high ones and watches strike 3.Never get a girl on base till the 4th inning.11th batter strikes out,12th batter puts the ball in play gets on,on a error,we will take it.1st batter strikes out,2nd batter gets a single,moves 12th batter to second,3rd batter hits a single up the middle.Runner on second takes off running,runs into the ss,gets to 3rd,but stops HC sends her home by now the ss has ball in hand throws to home,catcher goes up the line and tags the runner out.Last girls on base for us the rest of the game.We are one and done.

Honestly, does not sound like 1 through 9 were lighting it up, and your base running could use some work. From a completely objective point of view, 9 vs 12 made no real difference. My DD's team (12U TB) bats the order on Saturday and plays the 9 best on Sunday. Every weekend is a try out for Sunday playing time, and you can bet all 9 are working hard to stay in each and every game on Sunday.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Every weekend is a try out for Sunday playing time, and you can bet all 9 are working hard to stay in each and every game on Sunday.

Exactly. You have DDs and Daddies out there working to have DD play on Sunday, and everyone benefits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs