Who is missing playing the most?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
Who is missing playing the most? You or Your Athlete.....or could it be your spouse or significant other?

My house its me.....My oldest child asked my wife how was I doing? She went on to explain that I have coached or taken her or her siblings to practice or games every single season for over 22 years in multiple sports. We have never taken a season off in over 22 years. Summer Track and Softball/baseball, Fall Softball/baseball and Football, Winter Basketball all kids, Spring Basketball Softball/Baseball and I found a way to put them all into golf.

I told my wife it was the two youngest that was missing getting out there and my wife almost choked laughing. The baby girl only wants to see her friends like any other 5th grader and the 6th grade boy has his friends and cousins online playing games all day.......I am the one taking them in the backyard to get "PE" in daily.......

So my question is....who in your house is really missing being out on the diamond or practicing......the most.......

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Think we all miss it but at the same time it has been kinda a nice break. Still working with DD every other day. Quick short workouts (30 minutes). But the sooner the better for all of us.
A couple of year ago after DD went on a cruise and then to visit Grandma for a week. She was away from the game for probably 20 plus days. About 20 minutes into to her first practice back and she calls me over and says, " Dad I am so happy to be back on the fields". I replied ,"that's good, hustle out" but inside I was like "OH YEAH"

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Really THRILLED by the response of students who are tackling training routines for catching and hitting!
Encouraging the heart and spirit!

Excellent to have video to review, then share feedback.

Communicating technical feedback with terms the students understand, like...
Tushie power
Make the cave
Strong posture
Turn take
Finish point

Would say we are looking forward
to softball equally,
But the students are doing the active preparation for it the most!!

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I’m missing it pretty bad, but It’s hitting DD pretty hard. Her goal for school ball was to start varsity this year. She worked her butt off all winter and was set to be the only sophomore to earn that spot. She’s been hitting the weights and doing tee work most every day so she’s ready to roll if it starts back back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi