Vinci 'Fast Pitch' Gloves?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 15, 2011
Background: My DD has the JCV 34 and absolutely loves it. Nightmare to break in, but well worth it. She needs a new fielders glove now.

I noticed in the Vinci Action Shots thread that a lot of the fielders gloves are not specifically "Fast Pitch" gloves. The Vinci site lists both Baseball and Softball positions for most of their gloves, but also labels some gloves specifically "Women's Fast Pitch"

Question: Is there a difference in the gloves labeled as "Women's Fast Pitch" versus other gloves? What is it that would give them that specific label?

Thanks, Rob.

Aug 8, 2010
The ones that are specifically labeled as fastpitch basically just come with the velcro strap. Same construction and materials. I have identified several traditional backed models that work well
for female players and recommend those for older players. Once they get to about 12U, the traditional gloves fit very well and aren't subject to the velcro wearing out, which will happen eventually on all velcro gloves. My daughters have always used the traditional gloves.

Sep 15, 2011
Thanks casedawg. I knew you would come through. I have leaned towards the Velcro strap but never expected previous gloves to last as long as I expect the Vinci to.

So, what do you recommend for an infielders glove? 13 years old. Primarily a catcher but also plays SS. As a reference, the JCV 34 fits perfectly without the need for a batting glove underneath. Of course you don't need extra protection with the Vinci.

Thanks, Rob.

Aug 8, 2010
Vincis typically play a little shorter than listed. If you want a 12.5 inch glove I would go with the RV1961-L. If you want a 12.25 the BV1929-L. If you build a custom then you can specify size, web, colors, etc. PM me her preferences and I will see which stock glove fits the best or make suggestions on such things as simple web swaps. Thanks, Casey

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs