Title IX

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
Our coach has hinted to parents to bring it up. I am on the fence about saying something.

I'd be worried about hurting the coach, but if s/he is dropping hints -- meaning it won't adversely affect your daughter -- then shout it from the rooftops! I suspect that situations such as this are common because students are passing through and it takes a long time to get action on this kind of claim. Juniors become seniors, the parents move on, and nothing gets done. No dugouts and no access to the gym in the offseason sound like pretty blatant violations (according to the links marriard provided). Asking some pointed questions at the next Board of Education meeting might be a good place to start.

Jun 14, 2018
As you read through this thread some of the comments can really piss somebody off. Like a school setting up a baseball field and doing nothing with for the softball team. Where I went to school they just put up a snow fence for softball (played in the fall in MO) and I think they just played around the pitchers mound. All uniforms had to be turned in at the end of the year unless you paid to keep it.

Where my daughter should attend high school (12 right now) I know the football team is really well taken care of due to tax increases just for a football stadium (I know right). The weight lifting and training facility under the stands is open to all sports to use per my understanding. I know that team gets a lot of donations due to 3 players going to the NFL in recent years with the biggest name being Jeremy Maclin. The baseball and basketball team has done really well in the past as well when it comes to players going to the professional leagues. As far as the women side of things I do not know and I do not know how things are done and if they are done the same as boys sports.

My thoughts on the issue is this, if money is donated to a team/sport then that money stays there and the school should not be able to pull any money out of the budget for that team. To me that is no different then me donating to cancer research to find out they used the money for gall bladder research. Fundraising shouldn't be tied to any of this at all as well. If these kids go out and bust there butts selling crap then the money stays with them and is not differed to teams that did nothing.

Sep 3, 2018
Wait, so if the baseball teams booster club pays for all of the extras the baseball team gets, it's up to the school to make up for how poorly the softball teams boosters performed?
What kind of crap is that?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles