The greatest thing about coaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2010
i had the very best thing happen to me yesterday.
I was in the store at the chechout when behind me a female voice said "Still buy the same old garbage as always I see". I turned and looked UP at avery loveley young woman with tiney little twins in her cart.
" You dont remember me do you " She said.
I did not, but we went out side and she said " Spacey Stacey I played first and could never hit a change up".
Then I rembered her. You see whe she played for me she was just as tall but I think she weighed about 40 pounds. She was sooo skinney but she played well. and she was right she could hit any thing but if she got 3 changes in a row she struck out.

We talked for about an hour when she had to go she hugged me hard {Who said girls are weak?}.
Seeing kids that are now grown up that remember you is really great I think it tops every thing else. It is i guess because it brings back a flood of memories that you thought were gone.

After I saw her I went and looked at the old team pictures, And their she was skinney as a stick, But the woman I had talked to was acually quite muscular. I wonder what she had been like if she would have had that size then?
Coaching never leaves you , Even if you think you might not do it any more it will always be part of who you are.

And as coaches we have one major job no matter what the level: See to it that every player on your team has a POSITIVE EXPEREINCE. :cool:

Dec 15, 2009
My dad is a coach and is now at the stage where some of his players will be graduating this year. he says he loves watching them and knowing he played a part in their career :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad