the fans don't get any classier in college...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
I honestly thought the benches were going to clear at one point. And, add to the overall story, the game ends in a 5-5 tie due to a time limit. Was something else to watch.
I thought the girls were gonna brawl by the 5th (?) HBP. I was surprised that they kept Betsa in. Actually yelled at my screen when they called it a tie.

That there was some gladiator softball!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Having made the rounds with SC last season I got to see the good, the bad, and the ugly. Have to say the worst was Florida, followed by FSU in close second. It is called soap. Try it on both you and your clothes. These were the only two venues were I heard regular, very personal verbal attacks aimed at players. Was very impressed last year while away at Auburn, and LSU. Auburn has a middle age dude in a plastic baseball helmet that is a riot, and LSU sells gumbo in their concession stand. Need I say more? Kentucky had a very large contingent away at SC but seemed very nice. I love the Michigan fans (neutral location) who were awesome, well behaved, and very classy. Will see what it is like next weekend in Knoxville, and I have been warned by former Alabama players about Tuscaloosa. :)
Tennessee fans are pretty reserved overall. It's a mix of long time season ticket holders, who will get on an ump from time to time, and a lot of families. There are some students but all were very respectful when we were there. I used to take DD to 5-6 games a year when she first started playing. If you get hungry check out Calhouns on the River (pork ribs, catfish and spinach maria are my favorite, but everything is good!). It's less than two miles from the stadium on Neyland Dr. Wish I could join you, but we will be on our way to a HS Tourney in Gulf Shores.

Jul 3, 2013
We've been going to Mizzou games for the last 2 or 3 years. Usually watching from the bleachers by the opposing bullpen or from left field. Had not heard any of the yelling like we heard this weekend. We went ahead and bought season tickets this year, mostly because of the new stadium. Great seats 8 rows up just off to the 3rd base side of home plate.
I wish I could agree that the obnoxious fans were just frustrated by the poor home team performance, but the guys doing the yelling started in on the umpires very early and didn't let up until Sunday night. The game against Maryland on Sunday afternoon was probably the worst. Same plate umpire as the 1st MU/ Oregon game and they rode her pretty hard.

I hope they quiet down- I really like the view that the seats provide. But there is a nice hill in left field if they keep it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Clean play all around. Good positioning, no obstruction, good tag - glad to see that the C kept the helmet on.
It was a clean play - that time. The first inning, same catcher and same baserunner, same collision. Catcher called for obstruction because she didn't have the ball. So, FSU fans and coaches were already amped up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi