thanks, core.....now i have a dilemma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
DD has been a LS girl since we went to high end bats.....

currently swinging a 2016 30/19 LXT plus

she's a tiny little 2B in her first year of 12u travel

right now, she's in her head a little.....she had a .700+ OBP in our first tourney, 14 runs scored in 5 games out of the 2 hole.....she had 4-5 hits, a couple solid, a couple well placed.....but she isn't jumping on the ball like she can.....i think she still considers herself a "10" playing up, if that makes sense

she knows the new bats are out.....a teammate got the new CF9, she swung it a little and claims she "loves" it

she wants a new bat.......and I'm inclined to indulge her; honestly I can move her plus once the new bat works out and can hopefully for a small investment get her head back to attack mode......i honestly believe if she gets the new bat, at least to HER it will make a difference, and that's worth the price to me......the extra cage time, the pep talks.....they are making some difference......but if in her head it takes the new bat to get her "swing" back, whatever it takes, right? lol

i know the upgrade in bat will be minor, especially if we go Hyper......but the confidence upgrade could well put her over the top

the previous few seasons, whenever she's swung the demarinis, she hasn't liked the feel......she's always loved the LXT (she's swung a plus and previously a 2014, mostly for house ball)

right now i am torn between a 30/19 Hyper and a 30/19 CF9

i THINK when push comes to shove, she will still like the LXT feel over time......i THINK right now the CF9 attraction is just "new" and that she needs "new" to get it back

am i making sense so far? lol

now i don't know what to do.......get her the CF9, even though she COULD just swing the teammates.....because that's what's in her head

or get her the Hyper knowing that once it arrives, she's probably going to love it, and we'll get the "new bat confidence kick" i'm looking for

or do i just kick her in the rear and tell her she's lucky she's not swinging a Cyclone and tell her to add 50 more tee swings every night and we'll talk?

lol

a softball dad's dilemma haha

May 19, 2016
DD has been a LS girl since we went to high end bats.....

currently swinging a 2016 30/19 LXT plus

she's a tiny little 2B in her first year of 12u travel

right now, she's in her head a little.....she had a .700+ OBP in our first tourney, 14 runs scored in 5 games out of the 2 hole.....she had 4-5 hits, a couple solid, a couple well placed.....but she isn't jumping on the ball like she can.....i think she still considers herself a "10" playing up, if that makes sense

she knows the new bats are out.....a teammate got the new CF9, she swung it a little and claims she "loves" it

she wants a new bat.......and I'm inclined to indulge her; honestly I can move her plus once the new bat works out and can hopefully for a small investment get her head back to attack mode......i honestly believe if she gets the new bat, at least to HER it will make a difference, and that's worth the price to me......the extra cage time, the pep talks.....they are making some difference......but if in her head it takes the new bat to get her "swing" back, whatever it takes, right? lol

i know the upgrade in bat will be minor, especially if we go Hyper......but the confidence upgrade could well put her over the top

the previous few seasons, whenever she's swung the demarinis, she hasn't liked the feel......she's always loved the LXT (she's swung a plus and previously a 2014, mostly for house ball)

right now i am torn between a 30/19 Hyper and a 30/19 CF9

i THINK when push comes to shove, she will still like the LXT feel over time......i THINK right now the CF9 attraction is just "new" and that she needs "new" to get it back

am i making sense so far? lol

now i don't know what to do.......get her the CF9, even though she COULD just swing the teammates.....because that's what's in her head

or get her the Hyper knowing that once it arrives, she's probably going to love it, and we'll get the "new bat confidence kick" i'm looking for

or do i just kick her in the rear and tell her she's lucky she's not swinging a Cyclone and tell her to add 50 more tee swings every night and we'll talk?

lol

a softball dad's dilemma haha

lol You are not the only one who has gone through this. Go with what you know will work for her.....that's what I did. We constantly saw kids In her league using the CF8 with success but no LXTs or Xeos (except for the outdated model my dd had) and I came very close to moving to Demarini. But, In the end I went with the tried and true LS because thats what she has swung comfortably for a couple seasons now. Once the DD got that Hyper In her hands, Demarini was an afterthought. Now she likes showing the "Demarini Girls" as we call them her Hyper knowing shes got something they dont In her bag. You can overcome the mental part of the newness of the CF9 by combating that by telling her all the new features the LXT Hyper has....even If there Isnt a ton of them...she wont know any better. For example, when she first came out of TBall and Instructional league and we invested In that first bat, looks were a factor....what else do you expect with 6 year old girl right? She wanted this one because It was pink and that one because she liked the color scheme of the grips. But, In the end all I had to say was "You know Aly, The University of Kentucky softball team all swing Louisville Sluggers." (We are die hard UK fans) Well that was the end of picking out bats by what they looked like and shes been an LS girl ever since. Sometimes we just gotta be smarter than them. lol

May 20, 2015
i know....and so does she.....that when push comes to shove she prefers the LXT feel

a teammate got a CF7 Sprite.....she hated the feel

several girls all got CF8's.....so she swung them a few times in house games.....was always "meh"....

i think the CF9 was simply because it was "new".....although it DOES feel and sound different.....i told her it was just because Demarini bought out LS to get ahold of their new carbon matrix, and the reason she 'liked' the CF9 was because they made it more LXT like ;)

i know she ripped 10u pitching with the LXT plus......i also know she has ripped middle school pitching at times this year with the plus......so once we get her head back, she'll be fine

the Hyper is, for a little bit of change, part of the process i guess ;)

hey core.....check your text lmao

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00