Team USA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Did anybody catch USA vs Mexico game today?
Why would Garcia & McClenney use old Ghosts instead of new version?
Some are saying new version has thicker handle. Isn’t Easton known for thinner handles? I can recall on Mako’s and other models seeing ultra thin handles as a selling point for Easton bats.
Don’t understand the change if there is one. Real easy to put on a thicker grip.

Those are not the old versions. Different graphics, and what I assume could be perhaps prototypes. If you look closely several of them are using a one piece bat. Also the new ones have the same handle, just thicker bat tape.

Apr 28, 2019
Those are not the old versions. Different graphics, and what I assume could be perhaps prototypes. If you look closely several of them are using a one piece bat. Also the new ones have the same handle, just thicker bat tape.
McClenney’s looked different. Looks like USSSA 2019 version at quick glance but can’t be that bat. Garcia looked like 2018 ASA from snippet I was able to see.
Definitely wasn’t 2020 stock version. Maybe Ghost advanced prototype version?

That thought crossed my mind, especially after catching a glimpse of the endcap. I don't remember which player(s) but there's definitely a one-piece in play too. The bat nerd in me loves watching the games for clues like this.

Apr 28, 2019
That thought crossed my mind, especially after catching a glimpse of the endcap. I don't remember which player(s) but there's definitely a one-piece in play too. The bat nerd in me loves watching the games for clues like this.
Your saying there is a one piece Ghost being tested?
The trend has been moving away from one piece bats for several years.
The PC one piece may be responsible for bringing them back.

Go back and watch some of the players on the ESPN app if you can. Some are very clearly using a one piece. Kristi Merritt is using a one piece with gold lettering and different endcap as well. You can find a pic of her and the bat on the USA softball Instagram story or what the kids call this social media mess nowadays.