Swing feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 28, 2012
Being an outsider these days has it's advantages... I still love the passion though. It's my birthday today and the wife has made me Vodka Martini's so please forgive me. You are all right and you are all wrong, but I love you all the same. Figure out your differences.

PS, the kids here really are learning much quicker these days - which is a testament to the growing knowledge on this site. Don't let personalities get too much in the way of that.

image.jpg

Happy happy! No one has ever been so right at being so wrong as you! Errrr... I mean no one has ever been so wrong at being so right as you! Errrr... I mean Happy Birthday! :)

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Oh, yeah. Thanks for reminding me of that one. The comparison still fits - egotistical, arrogant, and self-aggrandizing. I guess that's just your "personality", and you've made it clear that you aren't about to change.

No ... not "one". It was more than one.

Your chronic whining appears to have no bounds.

Oct 19, 2009
Word for the day:

Egotistic - Egotism is the drive to maintain and enhance favorable views of oneself, and generally features an inflated opinion of one's personal features and importance. It often includes intellectual, physical, social and other overestimations.

The egotist has an overwhelming sense of the centrality of the 'Me', that is to say of their personal qualities. Egotism means placing oneself at the core of one's world with no concern for others, including those loved or considered as "close," in any other terms except those set by the egotist.

Characteristics

Egotism is closely related to "loving one's self" or narcissism - indeed some would say “by egotism we may envisage a kind of socialized narcissism”. Egotists have a strong tendency to talk about themselves in a self-promoting fashion, and they may well be arrogant and boastful with a grandiose sense of their own importance. Their inability to recognize the accomplishments of others leaves them profoundly self-promoting; while sensitivity to criticism may lead on the egotist's part to narcissistic rage at a sense of insult.

Egotism differs from both altruism - or acting to gain fewer values than are being given– and from egoism, the unremitting pursuit of one's own self-interest. Various forms of "empirical egoism" can be consistent with egotism, but do not necessitate having an inflated sense of self.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
proud1-bigdeal_zps3dc1804b.gif~c200

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Excellent CP! Spatial awareness of the hands is important. Taking the hands back is not as important as leaving the hands in the relative starting location - trying not to take them with you - while raising/lowering. If you allow this to happen naturally, it gives the appearance of "pulling back on the scap". 2 very different actions IMO - passive vs. active. I'm a firm believer that in order to control the barrel and to always be in tune with the sweet spot of the barrel - the eyes and bottom hand have to ALWAYS be in tune with each other.

Here's another pretty good hitter to check out.
YoungChipper.gif

Chipper2012.gif

See how it works? Things get way over-baked and sold as truth.
Raise your hand if you had mistaken this post as a comparison to Batdragons DD. Raise your hand if you just claimed someone purposely deleted this post.

It's fun exposing buffoons.

May 4, 2012
Hands to the ball. It has validity if used and explained correctly. If she tips the barrel and then takes her hands "to the ball" from the tip, you will see a change. Tell her to forget about "turning the barrel".

There it is --- taboo.

Things that make you go ....... HUMMM

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Things that make you go ....... HUMMM

I know, right? Without logic and good common sense, you would think the barrel magically get's to the ball all by itself. But we are not that dumb. In fact, we can see just how early the hand direction is called upon and leads the body to facilitate. HUMMM

MiggyHandDirection.gif

MiggyHandDirection2.gif

MiggyHandDirection3.gif

No time to drop and drag when you focus on the right thing.

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Hey bullethead, do you reach high up into your upper kitchen cabinet for the spaghetti pot that you keep under your stove? :D HUMMM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell