Sporfie and Camera Selection

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Has anyone made use of Sporfie or similar tools that enable one to record an event (specifically a swing or defensive play) after it happens? I tinkered with Sporfie last spring and really like the concept (many missed events when trying to hit 'record' before it happens). My factory iPhone 8 camera doesn't really have the best event quality, though. What sort of angle / lens would be optimal for capturing ABs and catcher defense? I could possibly see wanting to use something in a recruiting video, but more likely for DD self-critique and my own archive for when DD hangs 'em up. I was thinking Spyder mount with a Giroptic external camera that mounts on phone. I'm a total amateur in photography, though. Thanks, y'all.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Interesting concept. If anything, the handy little Bluetooth remote buttons allow for easy snippit recording. I guess my only reservation is that I suspect the quality of cell service impacts the ability for the system to work well. It also requires that you select the clips you want to save in the moment. For me, I would rather record the entire event, and later save the clips I want. This way I can watch and enjoy the game and fiddle with video later.

But I can certainly see use for this service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles