Softballs? I am looking to buy a dozen but not spend much $ for my daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Around here Sports Authority always has a Black Friday deal on balls.

Something like buy 1, get 1 free or ½ off. Then they also give the first 50 people a minimum of a store dollar credit of $10 so you can get a bunch of new balls for almost free.

I am not sure what their selection of 11' balls is.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you know any parents of 11 or 12 year old SB players they might have some 11’ balls laying around that they do not need anymore. I know I have 2 dozen striped 11’ balls around here somewhere. I need to find them and give them to the League.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Are these any good balls? She is in 8U. I don't have a lot of money to spend, but I am tired of chasing 2 balls loll
Macgregor Little League Softball
Can you use these with a composite bat?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

McGregor balls are good. Yes they can be used with any bat. Make sure you buy leather covers - synthetic cover balls suck.

EpicSports usually have the best prices on a day to day basis on leather softballs. I normally wait for a deal at softball.com or softballsavings.com to buy in bulk if I have time.

For 8U McGregor is a good choice for price and value. Different when they get older and hit harder and the pitchers start caring about seams.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
McGregor balls are good. Yes they can be used with any bat. Make sure you buy leather covers - synthetic cover balls suck.

EpicSports usually have the best prices on a day to day basis on leather softballs. I normally wait for a deal at softball.com or softballsavings.com to buy in bulk if I have time.

For 8U McGregor is a good choice for price and value. Different when they get older and hit harder and the pitchers start caring about seams.

Our team uses 12" Macgregor balls. Just as good as any for the most part. http://www.amazon.com/Macgregor-Asa..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0NT1H8X77ES78QTAJEW3

None seem to be as good as they were about 3-4 years ago....

May 8, 2015
I bought the 11" Macgregor LL softballs and from my experience I had a lot of them come apart at the seams. I've also purchased the 11" Macgregor ASA softballs. I don't know what, if any difference it is between them but the ASA is holding up much better.