Shameless

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2013
ATTN: SHAMELESS DAD BRAG FOLLOWS.
Today, while the kiddo was getting a break from behind the plate, she was tasked with handling Second. Caught a liner, doubled a kid off first. BUT wait, there is more! next inning. Bunt, Corners Crash, She covers first 3B fields it, tossing it to 1 (with kiddo covering) for the out. BUT wait! there is More! Runner from first, gets a bit aggressive after rounding 2nd. Kiddo charges her, Runner loses her mind! Freezes, then finally makes the break for 3rd, where the LEFT fielder is covering! Score book entry? 5-4-7 Double Play. I know I have never seen it before. I guess, moral of the story? Yes, they have heard, everything you have tried to teach them, they just want to make sure you are impressed, when they do it. #Attagirl I cannot remember the last time I had so much fun, watching my kid play! This is going to be a great ride!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Today, while the kiddo was getting a break from behind the plate, she was tasked with handling Second. Caught a liner, doubled a kid off first. BUT wait, there is more! next inning. Bunt, Corners Crash, She covers first 3B fields it, tossing it to 1 (with kiddo covering) for the out. BUT wait! there is More! Runner from first, gets a bit aggressive after rounding 2nd. Kiddo charges her, Runner loses her mind! Freezes, then finally makes the break for 3rd, where the LEFT fielder is covering! Score book entry? 5-4-7 Double Play. I know I have never seen it before. I guess, moral of the story? Yes, they have heard, everything you have tried to teach them, they just want to make sure you are impressed, when they do it. #Attagirl I cannot remember the last time I had so much fun, watching my kid play! This is going to be a great ride!

Nice - are you on Rally Girls now? Thought I saw a bag with your last name on today

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

You shouldn't be surprised. While the skills might not be refined or the plays executed with grace, heady catchers know exactly what to do and where to be when given the opportunity to play another field position. Tip of the hat for being dialed into the game for the LFer who is owed a thank you from either the P or C who dozed on their coverage responsibility!

May 28, 2013
Yes we are. Been waiting since the first time we had a lesson with Lindz, for her to take a team under the umbrella. Now, I guess I need to introduce myself the next time we are in the same place. I'll be the fat guy with the scorebook.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar