Schutt titanium fielder's mask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
I'm throwing out a recommendation for this product. DD took a hard hit to the face mask at 3B this week. I wasn't there, but DH said without her mask, she'd have no teeth on at least one side of her mouth. She was loopy for a minute, then fine. Passed all the concussion tests. The next morning she had a bruise that was barely visible and her jaw was sore. It was a lot better than the alternative, which would've been out the rest of the season while she got reconstructive surgery on her face. I know one of the complaints about facemasks is the lack of testing and objective evidence that they work. One story isn't exactly objective evidence, but I can at least testify that in this particular case, the mask saved her face. It also appears to be completely intact. DH inspected it afterwards and can't detect anything bent, loose, etc.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056NOJHG/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feb 15, 2017
Wow! Sorry to hear this! DDs first and only facemask has been this exact one. She took one shot to it at 8u in the circle and came away unscathed. I’m just hoping we don’t have to test it the way you did. I would give it the same recommendation as it is way lighter than the other alternatives.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Glad to hear it did it's job and gave your DD some protection! My girls have used the Schutt masks for about 4 years now (didn't opt for the Titanium although I was close).

Jun 12, 2015
How much better is it than the Rip It?

I really don't know. She also has a Ripit, which is her old mask. We replaced it for Christmas a few years ago with the shiny red Schutt. The Ripit seemed fine but it never got put to the test like what happened last week.

Jun 14, 2018
DD wore a plastic mask for the first year of club ball but lost it during that off season. It never got tested but I had faith that it would hold up to anything that would of hit her then. After that we tried a few different metal mask that she said she didn't like. The fit was off or it blocked her view were the main complaints about them at the rip ol' age of 10. Finally got her a Boombah mask that season while playing at a tournament they sponsored and that is the only one she wants now. I don't know what it is about their stuff but DD sure does like it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414