6U softball...a tale of two kids

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Strange day...my GDD hit a ball tossed to her by the coach (its coach pitch/T-ball). She was ecstatic.
She didn't go out at the beginning of the next inning, so I went to investigate. She was in the dugout helping another little girl put on the "tools of ignorance"...the catcher's gear. When the game ended, my GDD had that smile of someone who had just had the best time of her life playing softball...the "I spent some time with my friends, and I got to run around the bases and had a blast" smile.

My father played catch with me growing up, I played catch with all of my DDs as they grew up, and now I get to see my GDD playing a sport that her GGF loved. It would have been a great day, except...

One of the better hitters for our team hit a ball into CF. The little girl playing CF was paying about as much attention as every other little girl out there...so the ball went past her. Hey...all the spectators were just as much surprised as the CFer was.

The CF's mother, the coach of the other team, went ballistic. Her mother said something to the little girl, and she threw her mitt about 10 feet...which is about 10 feet further than my GDD could throw her mitt. Anyway, the coach then proceeded to go out to CF during the game and *drag* her DD off the field. The little girl was crying. It was insane.

This was 6U rec league softball. I don't know what the **** is wrong with some parents.

Jun 11, 2012
Strange day...my GDD hit a ball tossed to her by the coach (its coach pitch/T-ball). She was ecstatic.
She didn't go out at the beginning of the next inning, so I went to investigate. She was in the dugout helping another little girl put on the "tools of ignorance"...the catcher's gear. When the game ended, my GDD had that smile of someone who had just had the best time of her life playing softball...the "I spent some time with my friends, and I got to run around the bases and had a blast" smile.

My father played catch with me growing up, I played catch with all of my DDs as they grew up, and now I get to see my GDD playing a sport that her GGF loved. It would have been a great day, except...

One of the better hitters for our team hit a ball into CF. The little girl playing CF was paying about as much attention as every other little girl out there...so the ball went past her. Hey...all the spectators were just as much surprised as the CFer was.

The CF's mother, the coach of the other team, went ballistic. Her mother said something to the little girl, and she threw her mitt about 10 feet...which is about 10 feet further than my GDD could throw her mitt. Anyway, the coach then proceeded to go out to CF during the game and *drag* her DD off the field. The little girl was crying. It was insane.

This was 6U rec league softball. I don't know what the **** is wrong with some parents.
That’s awful.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

:mad: She just ruined the game for her DD, her teammates, and probably some of your team, too.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The CF's mother, the coach of the other team, went ballistic.
This should be brought to the attention of the league's president, and she should be banned from coaching immediately if not sooner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles