Practice Catchers Mitt?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2020
Looking to buy a used/new catchers mitt to catch my daughter for her pitching practices. Which sizes, brands and models do you think would fit an average adult male hand? We are currently pitching 10U, but figured that I could get a glove that would be ok when we get to 12U. I have seen a ton of gloves for sale on Ebay or various other sites, but I really have no idea which size or brand would best work for softball, what is a good glove and isn't.... What price would be considered a "good deal" for a quality Fastpitch catchers mitt? Thanks in advance for any help!

Jun 19, 2016
I use an under armour mitt and it fits my hand but honestly my DD stings my thumb pretty good. I would get a Rawlings Liberty Advanced if I were you.

Oct 9, 2020
Probably looking at $100 or lower... Preferably 75-50 range if doable, will only be used to catch my daughter and warm up pitchers at practice/games etc.... Durability is definitely a plus... The old first base mitt is starting to sting...lol.. Could go up possibly if there is a need to I guess..

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Probably looking at $100 or lower... Preferably 75-50 range if doable, will only be used to catch my daughter and warm up pitchers at practice/games etc.... Durability is definitely a plus... The old first base mitt is starting to sting...lol.. Could go up possibly if there is a need to I guess..
Durability and probably less than $100 usually don't go together in the same sentence.....

If your daughter takes lessons, and you and her plan on doing this for awhile, do yourself a favor, spend a little extra and get yourself this All-Star right here, plus Morton's always has their 10% off coupon code going! And if you don't like it, it'll be very easy to sell.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
...and i like the basket web on that image of glove... :)

May 16, 2016
The 34" Rawlings Liberty Advanced fit my hand the best... Be aware that Rawlings come in two different hand opening sizes. The Standard size fit my hand pretty well.

1608321625393.png

May 4, 2020
Looking to buy a used/new catchers mitt to catch my daughter for her pitching practices. Which sizes, brands and models do you think would fit an average adult male hand? We are currently pitching 10U, but figured that I could get a glove that would be ok when we get to 12U. I have seen a ton of gloves for sale on Ebay or various other sites, but I really have no idea which size or brand would best work for softball, what is a good glove and isn't.... What price would be considered a "good deal" for a quality Fastpitch catchers mitt? Thanks in advance for any help!
I have a used Liberty Advanced 34” I could let go In your price range. Was once white with black laces. Now more of a gray color. Still plenty of life left in it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles