Pick your Cinderella Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2023
Omaha beating mizzou was a pretty big upset.

In hindsight not sure that was really an upset given they went on to beat Washington, then had Mizzou down 1-0 in the 7th first game yesterday and lost 1-0 in 9 innings the second game. Think they showed last two years they aren't far behind the P5 programs.

May 18, 2019
If she planned on pitching her on Sunday, I don't think 2 more hours of rest really mattered. But actually she brought NiJa in the first game when the score was already 6 to 1. Why? That didn't make sense either. Nothing strategic happened.
NiJa did not pitch at the end of the first game. That was Houston the other black stanford pitcher. The plan was to rest Nija knowing she'd pitch a game if needed. If you pitch NiJa game 1, rest is off the table and your odds of winning with their best pitchers tired and your batters having seen them for a game and your best pitcher fresh is better than with their pitchers fresh also. Rest plus higher odds of actually winning the series is strategy.

May 18, 2019
In hindsight not sure that was really an upset given they went on to beat Washington, then had Mizzou down 1-0 in the 7th first game yesterday and lost 1-0 in 9 innings the second game. Think they showed last two years they aren't far behind the P5 programs.
Upsets are judged by foresight not hindsight😀. Taking down #7 as an unranked team is an upset in my book. Either way, my Cinderella picks will be watching supers from the comfort of a couch.

Feb 19, 2024
Kansas
Omaha's pitching was fantastic. Also their CF was a stud on defense. Was very impressed by them this weekend.

May 17, 2023
Upsets are judged by foresight not hindsight😀. Taking down #7 as an unranked team is an upset in my book. Either way, my Cinderella picks will be watching supers from the comfort of a couch.

Yeah I meant if you look at their games played over the past two years they were lot better team than 4 seed in regionals. They were 5-4 vs P5 this year coming into the tourney. Lost to Texas by 1 run last year and beat ASU. Plus dominated their own conference.

Not sure people outside our area knew much about them, but I thought they would play with those teams fairly well. Now two outs from going 3-0, can't lie and say I saw that coming.