No changes in bat certification

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
ASA Bat Performance Standard for 2013 for fast pitch
7/3/2012

There will NOT be any changes for Certification Mark and Test Standard for all bats used in the game of ASA Fast Pitch Softball for the 2013 season.

The current 2000 and 2004 Certification Marks will continue to be the appropriate Marks for the Fast Pitch bats.

Any new models produced by the manufacturers will continue to display the 2004 Certification Mark for bats used in the game of Fast Pitch Softball for ASA.

Any questions or comments regarding this matter should be directed to Craig Cress at 2801 N.E. 50th Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73111.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I don't know much about bat certification, but I have some friends with sons who play baseball, and apparently last year they changed the baseball bat certification and EVERYONE had to buy a new bat, and used bats became worthless overnight.....

May 7, 2008
Tucson
JAD, that happened to my sons. They went from a -5 to a -3 or something like that.

Little League baseball had banned all composites last year and then, I think that they eventually let some back in.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I don't know much about bat certification, but I have some friends with sons who play baseball, and apparently last year they changed the baseball bat certification and EVERYONE had to buy a new bat, and used bats became worthless overnight.....

Ignore baseball. ASA is a decade ahead of them in the bat safety issue and baseball's move, from NCAA to LL, was a knee-jerk reaction that had no science behind it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06