New England Catching Camp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
NECC instruction and comments have anchored the catching forum on this site for a long time. Although Coach Dave has passed away, his helpful insight is still present in many of the threads still on the front page here. Now his sons carry on his tradition of quality training for catchers and you will find Coach Jay here as CCJR

NECC will be on the road again stronger than ever. I am personally excited to see the Weaver Brothers returning to Kansas City. If you have not had the chance to check the announcements section, please take the opportunity to check out their upcoming clinics. When my DD first learned Dave's catching techniques, I didn't want anyone else in KC knowing about NECC as we considered this training my DD's "secret weapon" The training is that good! Now Dave's techniques are the standard for catchers in most age divisions and high school ball in the Greater Kansas City area. If you have a chance to attend one of NECC's clinics, make every effort to make that trip. You won't regret it.

Dec 18, 2010
How about North Texas? I think a coaches clinic is order here just cause of what see being taught at different places here.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Based on personal experience, all you have to do is give Jay a starting point and he'll make it happen. IMO, the ideal situation is for a TB org, school, or facility that's looking to set themselves apart from the competition to serve as a local contact/central resource and help get the process rolling. It's defintely worth the effort!

Jul 10, 2011
Rockport, MA
Thanks for the post Chaz!, we really are looking forward to all of the clinics this year!....I saw a few questions about getting us out to various parts of the country. Greenmonsters is right, just fire off an e-mail to me and we will get it rolling. Jay@catchingcamp.com
Hope to see all of you at some point this year!

Sep 3, 2009
My dd had been to 4 different catching clinics over the last couple of years. NECC was by far the best one. Definitely worth it.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Chaz, I am feeling out the registration as soon as I can get myself away from the tv and off the coach. College football should be over about midnight?
Interesting that it is the std in KC. Dd is the only catcher of hundreds here the next state north that has a proper stance.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
redhotcoach,
Proper skills start with one. We started off in November of 2007 by ordered Dave's DVD. Once we viewed it and my daughter started working the skills... It was her secret weapon! (And I told Dave that!) Now a hundred-plus boys and girls in this area are utilizing Dave's skills. The biggest problem some teams have is which of their NECC catchers to put in a game! One high school has 3 of our catchers on varsity & JV. I discovered the following post on our local fastpitch website this moring...

"What a great clinic!!! This clinic helped take our Daughter's catching skills to a new level. Our daughter went through this clinic over two years ago and it has been the foundation of her early success. Chaz Wood is a great instructor and any young catcher or even experienced catcher should take advantage of this opportunity. Our daughter is a freshman in high school and was just awarded All Conference as a catcher. Thanks NECC and Chaz. Check out Chaz Wood and his one on one instructions as well."

Dave's instruction makes that big of a difference for a catcher. Dave's legacy lives on as his sons carry on his coaching and instruction tradition. We are honored and excited to to have them back in KC again!
-Chaz

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA