Myrtle Beach spring break games, anyone?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
DD’s school is going to Myrtle Beach this year instead of The Spring Games in FL.
anyone else headed there in March?

Jul 31, 2015
Seems like the top D3 teams are headed to GA the first week of March (NFCA Leadoff Classic, 30 team invite only).

What division is headed to Myrtle Beach?

Nov 23, 2021
SC
Live in Myrtle Beach. What fields are they playing at? Most of them have poor drainage except the turf complex. plenty to do and tons of food options. weather will be hit or miss.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex
Nice complex... We were in Myrtle Beach on vacation a couple of years ago and learned that some of DD's friends were there for a tournament. We stopped by to see a game. If I remember correctly there are 6 fields. If it's the complex I'm thinking about I liked it because it had a large practice area and multiple cages. Even on vacation, it's difficult to turn the "coach" off...

Several players I coached went on to play at a local D2. They historically played spring games in Myrtle Beach and Virginia. This year they are going to Florida instead.

Nov 23, 2021
SC
North Myrtle Beach complex is good. its big and spread out, plenty of picnic tables and shelters, big playground for younger kids, dog park just outside the fence. 6 fields, not turf, not great shape for college players in my opinion, outfield grass will still be brown. also they complex has lightning detectors that will go off and everyone has to leave the complex and wait 30 minutes. Shouldnt be a big deal when you are down but during the summer the tournaments always run behind being that close to the beach and the evening thunderstorms.

Jun 11, 2012
North Myrtle Beach complex is good. its big and spread out, plenty of picnic tables and shelters, big playground for younger kids, dog park just outside the fence. 6 fields, not turf, not great shape for college players in my opinion, outfield grass will still be brown. also they complex has lightning detectors that will go off and everyone has to leave the complex and wait 30 minutes. Shouldnt be a big deal when you are down but during the summer the tournaments always run behind being that close to the beach and the evening thunderstorms.
The outfield being brown won’t phase my centerfielder. Our outfield is currently under 2 feet of snow. They play on a city maintained field up her as do a bunch of the local colleges, you never know how the field will be on a given day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi