Mow Outfield With a Backyard Lawnmower?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2012
DONE!!! It took about 2 hours. I put the mower on its highest setting and mowed around in a circle, zamboni style. This way I blew the clippings in towards the middle and the mower (which is a mulching mower) was able to go back over the clippings with each pass - so no visible clippings are left to speak of. HOPEFULLY this is the one and only time I have to do this. The baseball boys have a super nice riding mower and should be able to help me out from here on. But honestly, it wasn't that bad. Two hours. I know cross-fit types who spend two hours at the gym. This is a much better workout and I got something done to boot.

There's an IPA in the fridge with my name on it.

Those IPA's would have been in a cooler at the field with me if I was mowing for 2 hours.........

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Gotta go with Stone Brewing Co's "Delicious" IPA. It is really called "Delicious." A friend of mine works at Nighthawk Brewery (which, incidentally, is a short hop from the Louisville Sports Complex, home of the Independence Day second-tier 18s bracket) and said that it is his favorite IPA. This was high praise, given that Nighthawk's IPA is pretty tasty itself.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For lovers of hop-heavy brews, now is a glorious time in history. The variety of excellent IPAs available is truly outstanding.

Stone Delicious IPA definitely lives up to it's name.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Any particular IPA? Had a couple Sierra Nevada Torpedo's last night while watching the WCWS...very tasty.

Actually..Sierra Nevada Torpedo is the #1 selling IPA in the USA.

Couple others worth trying...

Stone Levitation

2 Roads to Ruin

Heady Topper

Sip of Sunshine

Grey Sails Captains Daughter

The Six Point line is great too

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
DONE!!! It took about 2 hours. I put the mower on its highest setting and mowed around in a circle, zamboni style. This way I blew the clippings in towards the middle and the mower (which is a mulching mower) was able to go back over the clippings with each pass - so no visible clippings are left to speak of. HOPEFULLY this is the one and only time I have to do this. The baseball boys have a super nice riding mower and should be able to help me out from here on. But honestly, it wasn't that bad. Two hours. I know cross-fit types who spend two hours at the gym. This is a much better workout and I got something done to boot.

There's an IPA in the fridge with my name on it.

Heck I'll buy in this case!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell