Monday brag 5-8-17

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
DD's HS team broke into the Top 20 ranked teams in her state. We're not a perennial power house so we don't typically get noticed. We still have a ways to go to catch some of the other DFP'rs DD's schools, but this nice recognition for our program.

For DD's part, she'd played every inning at SS and is hitting in either the 1 or 2 spot. So all together, she's having a great experience with HS ball as a freshman. The bat needs to get cranking a bit more, but she's having good at bats and the results should come.

I saw that you guys made the list. Congrats. Sounds like K is having a great season!

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
DD ended up going 5-10 with 6 RBI's for our 3 games we played to win our area tournament. I posted earlier about last Tuesday when she had two walk offs but she hit the ball well again on Saturday. On Tuesday the team we faced in the championship had pitched her away and she killed it. This game they came inside the first two AB's and she turned on the ball. First was snagged by the 1B but the second got by her for a double. Her next AB they walked her on 4 pitches with nothing close to the plate. It was a good feeling to see a DI committed pitcher pitch around my 8th grader. She is hitting .500 over the last 20 games and I am hoping that continues for 2 more weeks of school ball.

Nov 29, 2016
DD plays 14U Rec and has been playing for less than 2 years now. This spring she really doubled her efforts to improve her hitting. Cut to the last regular season game and she's told she's made the All-Star team :eek: Then goes 3 for 3 with the final at bat being her first home run ever! She didn't lose that smile for the entire weekend. So proud of her!

Mar 8, 2016
DD plays 14U Rec and has been playing for less than 2 years now. This spring she really doubled her efforts to improve her hitting. Cut to the last regular season game and she's told she's made the All-Star team :eek: Then goes 3 for 3 with the final at bat being her first home run ever! She didn't lose that smile for the entire weekend. So proud of her!

Great Job. It is always nice to see hard work paying off.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD had her last home game of her HS career - senior day. They are a very young team - only 4 returning varsity players and DD the only one who has played and started varsity all 4 years. We had only won 2 games going into this last game. Before the game I said to DD that it would be nice to win on senior day (and she agreed) and then I said "why don't you christen this field one last time by hitting Momma a dinger?" She said "okay Mom, I'll try".

Well both of my wishes came true. We won the game 7-5 in a come from behind, dramatic fashion. And DD hit a 3 run homer over our 225' fence.:D

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Our tournament over the weekend wasn't too good, but wasn't too bad either. Ended up losing in the second round of bracket play on Sunday. DD made a few great plays in the field....couple nice catches in center, caught a few liners at short, and made a sweet back hand play at second that I couldn't believe. Hitting was just OK. She was only 4 for 15 on the weekend, but did make a couple of productive outs that picked up a few RBI's. She hit her third triple of the year on a left center rope that rolled to the 200' fence, which is a pretty good poke for a young 14U that weighs about 90 lbs. I could see her eyes when she rounded third that she really wanted to try home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi