Monday brag 5-16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
What awesome things did your DDs do this weekend? I bragged on our team already in another thread so I will just brag on my DD here. She made a really cool diving catch at short stop. Her dad missed it looking at the book! Fortunately we got it on video. The whole team had a really killer weekend. One of our girls who has struggled with hitting hit a grand slam. Another ALMOST did. Drove in the 3 runs ahead of her but the throw beat her home and she got tagged out. It was close though!

Nov 2, 2015
DD went 3 for 3, with a double. Made some good defensive plays (at least for 8U) as well.

The best part of the weekend was that DD had her final soccer game of the season. During the "trophy distribution" coach would say a few things about each player before saying their name and giving them their trophy.
Coach says "This trophy is going to the player on the team that plays with the most heart of anyone...." and the whole team pointed to my DD.
It makes me proud that the coach points it out, and even more proud that the entire team knew exactly who he was talking about!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
As a first year 14U pitcher, DD pitched in a 16U-Gold tournament... One inning she faced 3-4-5 on a team that has consistently finished in the top 5 in ASA Nationals. Two flied out to DEEP center field (i.e. the CF caught both balls with her back on the wall) and the other popped the ball up what looked like 1000' in the air to our 3rd base . That was really cool. None of the batters hit her out of the park, and she only gave up 1 earned run in 3 innings

She also got a single off their best pitcher. That didn't stop us losing by 7, but it almost felt like a win.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
First tournament of the spring for DD3's team.

DD 3's team tied for third in a local tournament. Lost 3-2 in the semis to the team that won.
DD 3 got her first 14u complete game victory Saturday.
On Sunday she got her first 14u complete game victory in bracket play.
Both victories were below 40 game time.
She is really sore, and has a track meet Wednesday.

Meanwhile, DS rowed in a big college regatta in Philadelphia, and made the finals. Came in 5th place out of 38 boats. This coming Sunday his team has their end of the year awards, and he was told he will get the Most Improved award.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
DD's 12U Team won another tournament. They scored 68 runs in 6 game. They are on fire.

Apr 26, 2015
DD (12U) has been in a horrible hitting slump. It has been weeks since she has gotten on base. Thankfully her coach believes in her and keeps her in her spot in the line-up. This weekend she broke out of her slump. She hit a stand up home run (sadly no-one was on base), a triple, 2 doubles and got on base every other time she was up to bat. Happy kiddo, and happy parents here!

Apr 28, 2014
DD pitched 3 games between Saturday and Sunday. 12u.
Gave up a total of 4 hits and 1 run.. 2 shut outs.
She was magic..
If you include all games over the last week she pitched 6 games and gave up 7 hits.. 1 no hitter and 3 1 hitters.
I remember how hard it was to watch her struggle in the circle. It literally ripped me to shreads. Now it's a joy to see her play.
Onto getting her hitting better now :)

Some K's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tndIICz7nck

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Jake finished her first season pitching in the SEC. She threw a 4 hit 0-6 shutout of USF but the Gamecocks came up short in a 1-2 loss against FSU eliminating them from the NCAA Regional. Looking forward to her summer and then returning in the Fall for her Senior year.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 won a tournament for the first time since 2013.

She played in one 10u tournament in 2013, and won. This stuff is easy.
As a 12u player, she never won a tournament.

She switched to a stronger team, and has played two tournaments so far. The first was a 3GG last weekend, her team made the semis and she was 2-0 pitching. Yesterday her team went to Dubuque for a 1-day 3-game tourney. All bracket and no pool. She pitched the first game and the finals, winning both. The other starter won the semis. She is now 4-0 for the season so far. Great hitting, too. Her games were 13-2 and 12-4 wins, the semis was a 6-5 nail biter saved by a great unassisted double play by the backup 2B, since the regular 2B couldn't play. Love the depth!

I had to miss the tournament. My kids say I am a jinx, since they seem to do better when I'm not around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes