Love my team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
I congratulate all of the teams heading to nationals or Triple Crown,etc, but I am so proud of our 14U team.

We started playing last fall as a rec team with some all-stars and DD who had played A in the past. We didn't even
win the end of season rec tournament in our area but decided to go travel this year. Parents committed to 2 months
indoors over the winter and we started playing in late March. We made our first Gold bracket this weekend but lost
in Semi's. Down 5-2 we loaded the bases and had a shot to right that was hit right at the OF which would have tied the
game. We have come back for 4 or more down 6 times so far and the kids just battle to the end. None of us coaches are
"real" coaches but are Moms and Dads. Out kids get along and play multiple positions. We change up the lineup with the
exception of our 3-4 hitters and get production out of all of them. We have great parents who support their kids. I take no
credit and give it all to the kids. I attribute our success to our top players who play at a high level but are great teammates.

We aren't going to Nationals this year, but I'm sure our local High Schools will be happy to have these kids next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283