LL Regionals vs. Nationals with travel team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
OH yes Jen. She was 6' ended up peaking at 6'1" and your right not a petit kid. That was really a turning point for that kid. She got to be throwing the ball in the upper 50's and mom couldnt catch her anymore, dad is a truck driver and was gone all week on the road. Jen really quit practicing at pitching. She leaned more toward volleyball after that. Heck she even quit softball her JR year but came back her SR year. Kind of a neat story about college though. She worked her butt off trying to get scholarships for Vball. U Of Iowa Vball coach couldnt use her so gave her info to the Rowing coach. While Jen was on her way to a school in Minn she got a call from the Rowing coach at Iowa. Jen told them she was on her way to Minn and they offered her right then a full ride and wanted her to turn around and come to the school. So this kid because of her size was given a full ride to a Big 10 school. Like they say you cant coach size! Nice kid and i am glad things worked out for her!

I remember Wisc. Were you there that Saturday? It was 114 before the heat index. It was one of the hottest days i ever remember. I remember sitting inthe shade thinking my skin was going to start on fire! LOL we played 2 games that day and after we won the girls didnt even want to celabrate they wanted to go to the cars and get int he air lol. My daughter was the catch. She was misrible! Yes that team was the 2008 team.

Wow - cool story. Thx I will tell DD as I know she remembers more than I do.

WI was 2-2 in regional play so our last game was Thursday BUT we will always remember how brutally hot it was for the kids,...especially for us up here where we see glaciers and penguins all year long.... :)

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
I am from the town that hosts the Southeast Region LL tournament and won back to back world series titles in 2009 & 2010. It's a lot of fun to go to the games every year and watch these girls play and it would be a tough call to pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan