Joan Joyce

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
First off RIP Coach Joyce. Now, we all love softball here, but it’s kind of silly to always tout these things. Yes, a top softball pitcher can strike out a MLB player first time they see that pitching, but I think if a MLB player, with a bit of practice, could crush softball pitching. How many top softball players can hit a DeGrom 100mph fastball first time out? Probably none.

Jun 8, 2016
First off RIP Coach Joyce. Now, we all love softball here, but it’s kind of silly to always tout these things. Yes, a top softball pitcher can strike out a MLB player first time they see that pitching, but I think if a MLB player, with a bit of practice, could crush softball pitching. How many top softball players can hit a DeGrom 100mph fastball first time out? Probably none.
I’ve said this numerous times on here..Gets kind of old. Appreciate the sport without degrading baseball.

Jun 8, 2016
I’d say the top softball hitters could probably hit MLB pitching with practice. I’m no expert, but it seems it’s harder to hit a baseball than a softball.
There is so much more movement that it would take a decent amount of time. There are top prospects who never make it because they cannot hit a curveball.

Edit: and before @RADcatcher chimes yes I know she played in a men’s baseball league and did well 😂

Oct 14, 2019
Read the article. It’s the celebration of a remarkable athletic career. The title is just click bait.

Jun 8, 2016
Read the article. It’s the celebration of a remarkable athletic career. The title is just click bait.
I read it, good article. My comment was more of a general comment and not even aimed at the board per se. FP pitchers striking out MLB’ers is all over social media.

Oct 14, 2019
I read it, good article. My comment was more of a general comment and not even aimed at the board per se. FP pitchers striking out MLB’ers is all over social media.

see it all the time with college fastpitch pitchers and football players

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06