Interesting selection of USA players playing in Australian championships

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Jordan Taylor and Sarah Pauly playing for West Australia
Barnhill for Victoria
Jailyn Ford for South Australia

And a bunch of others... You can see a lot of games streaming/recorded on the Softball Australia youtube channel.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Well that went badly for the import pitchers...

Victoria with Barnhill and Italian Olympian Greta Cecchetti combined to go 0-12 over the week. Neither pitched particularly well. Not a lot of run support either - but geez - giving up 6 runs a game. Some ugly losses including one where they gave up 4 in the bottom of the ninth inning to lose. Ugh.

Taylor and Pauly did better and went 5-7 but missed the medal rounds. Some good games and some not so good games.

Jailyn Ford's team are in the playoff game for a place in the final tomorrow. Ford has been the most impressive of the international pitchers winning a few complete games.

Good news - the Australian game looks strong and the Olympic team players look awesome. Pitching looks as good as it has been and there are some big bats. Stacy Porter is still the best batter in the world. Australia should be a medal chance again.

Mar 13, 2010
Medal chance? We’re going for gold baby!

I got to watch some of the tournament. (Work meant I couldn’t go during the day)

Jailyn Fordgot the best result of the lot but she had the strongest side behind her. SA batted.

WA batted but couldn’t keep runs off. (The third WA pitcher is also American but is now an Aussie citizen)

NSW won the grand final but went to nine innings. The full game is on Facebook but there is a two hour delay due to the blackout Perth suffered 😂😂

I spoke to a few of the players and all very lovely people.