Instructional videos, great idea.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 11, 2009
Ken,
Would it be possible to start a new sub-forum and give qualified instructors their own folder to put in video demonstrations of what they teach. Make it so there is no other postings to it so when someone wants to reference a certain video they can find THE VIDEO and not 7 pages of evaluations and criticizms. If people don't like the drill they can ignore it or post there own videos in their own folder, showing what they don't like about a certain drill and how they would teach it. If they can't show a better way to teach it then they can't debate it.
Give Howard, Tewks, Oleary ,maybe even Tom and any others who QUALIFY their own folders. Just an idea, thanks.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Unfortunately, I think that would be a nightmare to administer. One of the ideas here is an open forum to exchange ideas. Who decides who is qualified? I know I don't want that responsibility. Especially since I don't think you have to be a nationally recognized authority to have a good idea.

I think most people post their videos on YouTube first. You can probably find them by going directly there. The search function here should also work, if you know what the drill is called.

While sometimes the critiques are off-topic, when they're on they can add value through discussion. Ideally, any discussion of the video would focus on the point of the drill, not things that have nothing to do with it, and definitely not who knows what about whom. Or the same old junk about whose hitting system is the best.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand