If I were still a lurker, or a brand new member here…..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
and new to the game of fastpitch softball, there’s no way I’d ever spend my money on a new Ghost bat after reading ALL THE COUNTLESS BROKEN Easton Ghost posts here! Wish someone had the time to count them all?

And yeah, I know it’s a hot bat, I don’t need any convincing of that!

Just really blown away at how full the equipment forum is with these same posts!

Flame away ladies! :)

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I’ll admit I succumb to the hype and bit the bullet on one for DD. I don’t plan to have her baby it but also won’t let her abuse it. No pitching machines, cold weather, etc. She will be using it for BP to start as we moved up from a 31 to a 32 so she wants to get used to it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’ll admit I succumb to the hype and bit the bullet on one for DD. I don’t plan to have her baby it but also won’t let her abuse it. No pitching machines, cold weather, etc. She will be using it for BP to start as we moved up from a 31 to a 32 so she wants to get used to it.
Well, me too, but in 2018 & 19. Anna broke her first Blue Ghost after thousands and thousands of hard hits. It was a game bat, lesson bat, and practice bat in any weather, and my DD isn’t some monster but she did hit the ball hard!

The warranty bat didn’t get hit a ton, just sold it to a member here last week. Here’s a theory, maybe she used the barrel? ;)

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Well, me too, but in 2018 & 19. Anna broke her first Blue Ghost after thousands and thousands of hard hits. It was a game bat, lesson bat, and practice bat in any weather, and my DD isn’t some monster but she did hit the ball hard!

The warranty bat didn’t get hit a ton, just sold it to a member here last week. Here’s a theory, maybe she used the barrel? ;)

DD is similar. She’s not crushing triples and HR’s every at bat but she hits hard. There were some inside pitches that jammed her up this weekend that made me cringe! Otherwise she squares things up pretty well.

To your point though….if/when we get to the warranty bat….it will get babied -

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Here’s a theory, maybe she used the barrel? ;)

Ding, ding, ding!

I did a very unscientific survey of my DD’s 18u TB team and her new college team. I had her ask them via their group chats how many Ghosts (all models) they have broken since they came out. Over half of her TB team used them as they had a sponsorship deal (40-50% discount) with Easton.
Collage team is less than half.

Three bats broken (and replaced).

My DD has had three Ghost models total 2018 33-23, 34-24 and a GA 34-24. She gave the 2018 34-24 to a former HS teammate that is using it now. All are still doing fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018
If you're spending $300+ or way more you better beat the ever-loving hell out of that thing until that warranty is up! I don't spend that much an DD asks if I'll replace it if she breaks it...I say you break it (no dimple balls) and I'll buy you whatever you want! Until then my limit is about $150 on used bats LOL. (or closeouts)

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
If you're spending $300+ or way more you better beat the ever-loving hell out of that thing until that warranty is up! I don't spend that much an DD asks if I'll replace it if she breaks it...I say you break it (no dimple balls) and I'll buy you whatever you want! Until then my limit is about $150 on used bats LOL. (or closeouts)

I hear you but used bats are so risky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00