Historical ASA Team - Orange Lionettes - Orange, CA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2019
I came across this site while looking for historical data and anecdotes about the Orange Lionettes, its players and teams that they played against in their time in Orange, CA 1936-1974. I had an aunt and cousin that played together on the Lionettes in the late 1940's/early 50's. I got to act as a batboy for the Lionettes in 1960, Currently putting together a presentation to give before the Orange Community Historical Society in the Spring of 2020. Found the book "Fastpitch" by Erica Westly quite informative.

Aug 2, 2019
Welcome, Batboy. I moved to Orange in the third grade, and played baseball in South Sunrise and at El Mo. My parents still live there. Welcome to the group.
Thanks, So.Cal Seth : Olive Little League for me one year, about '60 or 61', I think we only had four teams total. Then Villa Park H.S. for Baseball '65-'66 (I'm still here). I received my first steel cleats from Robbie Mulkey, who was playing 1st base for the Lionettes around that time. Had to wait a couple years to wear them. I went to a Lionettes vs. Whittier Gold Sox double-header in 1964, in which Louise Mazzuka (Gold Sox ) pitched 7 innings for the win in the 1st game and then came back to pitch 29 innings, only to lose this game 1-0. The game lasted to about 3 AM. Funny that they didn't call the game after so long, but they saw it through. Good memories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06