Help with daughter(s) hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 8, 2011
Need help, have twin 9 y/o girls who will be playing softball for the first time. I will be their hitting coach till season starts.Don't have the funds for lessons.Need some tips where to look for instruction,drills etc.

Jan 25, 2011
Welcome to the world of softball,you will learn alot here.There alot of good people on here to help.Like Five Frame Swing,straight leg and more(sorry to those that I forgot)but these are good ones to start with,they IMO will help you navigate,to the other people and drills.Good Luck to your girls and you.

Oct 25, 2009
Start with the following thread from this forum:
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/5027-megan-1-tee.html#.TuFF65gW_BI

Don't get disheartened if you don't understand every post. There are things you WILL understand. There are things you will not understand—YET. Start with what you do understand and grow from there.

One important thing to understand is that they will not be perfect, nor even close to it, to begin with. A lot of things they do will be the natural right way to do it; don't take it away. To begin with, any way they hit the ball is the right way at first. If they aren't hitting the ball at all, they just need to keep trying. Hitting trumps all in the beginning. In other words, don't worry about how they look!

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I remember Megan That was a year and a half ago. Wonder how she is hitting?

If you are in this for the long run buy RVP right view pro for softball. I wish I would have had it 5-6 years earlier in my daughters career and her friends I helped.
Would of helped too if I would have met Howard 5 years earlier.

FFS and I got along in that megan thread. Wonder what happen to FFS?? lol

Straightleg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
I remember Megan That was a year and a half ago. Wonder how she is hitting?

If you are in this for the long run buy RVP right view pro for softball. I wish I would have had it 5-6 years earlier in my daughters career and her friends I helped.
Would of helped too if I would have met Howard 5 years earlier.

FFS and I got along in that megan thread. Wonder what happen to FFS??

Straightleg

I think you'll find points to agree on (and disagree on). Great minds don't always agree. As long as we keep open minds we can all learn; and benefit other readers in the process. Keep it academic, not personal.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
gghenn,
Go to the hitting tech.Read as many post as you can.Only cost is your time spent.You will learn alot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi