Hello!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2022
I NEVER saw this coming, but as of 6 months ago, I'm now a softball mom! My daughter started in rec last August, and joined her first 8u travel team in December. We're gearing up for the Spring season and I'm just trying to get acclimated to the softball world and learn as much as possible through various resources. I'm happy to have stumbled across this forum!

I apologize in advance if any of my questions seem simple or common sense to most of you - I'm literally starting from scratch, having no experience in sports whatsoever. I'm so thankful for the internet for times like this! I'm looking forward to learning from you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2021
Hi June! Welcome to DFP! You definitely came to the right place! There are a ton of great softball minds on here that we more than willing to share their knowledge so ask away!!!

Jul 31, 2015
Welcome.

There are no stupid questions on here, so please don't be intimidated.

We've all been where you are and are happy to share what we know.

Oct 10, 2018
Welcome! The best advice anyone can give you now is you are going to meet people who take it sooo super seriously but 8U is YOUNG, fun and basic skills should be the goal for 8U and 10U. Also, it seems the younger the team the louder/ruder the parents are with the officials - like whiskey, softball parents mellow with age. You think now I would never, but once all the parents get going over a bad call you'll find yourself right there with them - I think we all have. :) And watch the team chants (thank goodness they go away around 12U), you don't want your daughter on the team that thinks they are going to distract the opposing pitcher by stomping on benches with their cleats, shaking the fence, and screaming loud nasty chants at her. That's the first sign that the team is weak and needs "tricks" to win, it's also a red flag on the coach about what s/he's willing to do and the type of environment s/he is fostering. It's a great family to be a part of and fun way to spend summer weekends. ENJOY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619