Happy Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
So yesterday I received a call. A former player of mine who stayed back in age, when we move up, received a call (Well parents did anyway) from a top level local organization that a lot of people around here respect. She was 2 years younger than our girls when we took her. She started as a developmental player and fast became our starting left fielder and secondary second baseman. She struggled to hit at first. When others her age were still facing coach pitch she was facing pitchers with speed ranging from 38-45 mph and consistent CU's to keep her off balance. She faced the top of the age group because we played open events where anyone could play. After a year of hard practices, a lot of coaching, a good attitude, always listening and trying what we asked of her and mostly A LOT OF WORK ON HER OWN, we moved up in age and she found a team we recommended her to. We all miss her. She was a part in our crew and our hearts. She is now a starting SS. Plays well, hits well in her age. However her team is not so good. But she was noticed in a game by this coach and other teams. The coach from this org sought her out and asked her to come workout with them for winter and consider playing in the Spring. I LOVE IT!!!! I am so happy for her. I hope she is learning that her hard work is paying off at a young age. I hope this work ethic/habit she is creating sticks. She is a great kid. She is gonna be a great player one day. In a world of wondering as a coach if you make an impact this is one where I think we did and her willingness to make the best of it will teach many life lessons and have positive results if she keeps it up. :) A positive post on a night before our last Fall event tomorrow. Good Night All.

Oct 24, 2012
Nothing better than watching these girls go from decent to great. Been the best part of my coaching "career" so far.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
@ DD11 and all... It was the coolest call I've gotten so far in TB or Rec Ball. Usually it is for someone to complain. This time is was nice to hear how appreciative they were for the chance to play with us and get better. To which I thought, "I appreciate the kind words but really it was the kid who took advantage of the situation and made the best out of it." Love these types of stories. Hope more pop up. I have two players moving to Texas next summer.....REALLY GOOD ones too....Anyone out there interested? They may be moving to the Dallas area. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish