going to a endloaded bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Okay,decided to give a demarini cf5 insane a try,ordered one for dd,she going to be 13yo in less than a month,I know that it is endloaded(32"-22oz.).She currently uses 2 bats,Stealth Speed (31"-21oz.)and Nanoteck(32"-22oz.) loves them both!My questions being that the cf5 insane is endloaded, is going to cause any issues with her swing,or is not that of a big deal? Just wondering if there should be anything I will need to be looking for?Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
If she knows how to swing an end-loaded bat it will be good for her. It does need a different swing. Once she gets it started she has to switch to "assist mode". IOW, she has to apply enough force to keep the bat head accelerating without restricting that acceleration. I think the end-loaded bat should kind of feel like it is pulling you.

However you want to describe it, it is a different feel. Some players don't adjust to that well. But, wow if they do!

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
With an end loaded bat, it is more important to get the bat started correctly. After that, it will continue through the swing more easily as the end weight will build more momentum and take less effort. If it is not started correctly, it is harder to adjust during the swing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45