Glove suggestion for 11yo DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
DD is 11. She is about 55" tall and about 70lbs - so not a big girl. She has really small hands too. She has been using an old Mizuno 11.5" but it is a little too broken in - meaning starting to literally fall apart. We don't want to spend $200+ yet (since she uses 3 gloves)...so, any suggestions?

She is a lefty - when she is not catching or playing 1st base she plays center field.
She has a good catchers mitt and a well loved 1st base glove, so we are mostly looking for something to use in the outfield.

Last edited:
May 23, 2015
Always liked the Akadema brand. Supposedly designed for the smaller hands.

DD had 2 as shes grown. Added bonus is they dont break the bank.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For smaller hands, I really like the Akadema AJB74 for a 12" glove. If you're interested, PM me.

For a larger glove (12.5"), I'm really liking my 10yo DD's new Worth Liberty Advanced. When we were shopping, she tried on pretty much everything in the $100-$200 range, and it came down to a choice between 2 Worth gloves for her. Personally, I wish she would have looked harder at the All-Star Vela series (I love the quality of leather, and light weight), but she's the one who has to wear it. The Worth gloves felt better on her hand (long fingers).

I wish Akadema had a good 12.5" option.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yes but they need to be broken in.

(I am not in a position to compare gloves but DD likes her Akadema)

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
For smaller hands, I really like the Akadema AJB74 for a 12" glove. If you're interested, PM me.

This is a great glove for this age. Value for $$$ is top of the market in my mind. Highly recommended.

May 15, 2015
I recently acquired a Mizuno mvp prime se for $80 for my 8 year old. It still needs some break in, but it seems to fit her hand pretty well. They are on close out pretty much everywhere at that price, down from $130ish.

I think they represent a pretty great value at $80.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00