FYI, Nokona glove sale

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I got an email from HQ4Sports that advertized a sale on Nokona gloves. I have looked at prices before but never saw any that tempted me till today. NO I don't work for Nokona or HQ4Sports. I just like looking for deals.

12.5 Inch Nokona Classic WS1250CV 1 169.88 Select Hand Worn On = Left
Walnut WS1250CV
Pitcher/Infield Softball
Glove - New for 2012
Subtotal 169.88
Discount -10.00
Subtotal 159.88
Shipping 0.00
Total 159.88

Aug 23, 2012
HQ4Sports

I got an email from HQ4Sports that advertized a sale on Nokona gloves. I have looked at prices before but never saw any that tempted me till today. NO I don't work for Nokona or HQ4Sports. I just like looking for deals.

12.5 Inch Nokona Classic WS1250CV 1 169.88 Select Hand Worn On = Left
Walnut WS1250CV
Pitcher/Infield Softball
Glove - New for 2012
Subtotal 169.88
Discount -10.00
Subtotal 159.88
Shipping 0.00
Total 159.88

I have never had any experience with this company before, but I called and talked with Brent and he spent a long time answering questions about these gloves and went way above any beyond. I ended up ordering and he shipped it out the same day. Got the glove and everything went great. I would use them again. My daughter loves her new Nakona! Can't wait to break it in. Thank you for sharing this sale.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Been looking at them for a while and this is about $40 less than anywhere else I've seen it so I'm waiting to receive it. I did purchase a bat from them last year.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
If you like Nokona, you should also check out the top-end Vinci's. DD's new catcher's JVC mitt has at least the same quality leather as the Nokona top models, but is better designed (no thumb or pointer finger pad sting due to better padding). Oh, it cost a lot less, too! If you're looking for a top end glove, DFP member Casedawg can help hook you up w/ a Vinci.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Thanks Greenmonsters but I just picked up a new catchers mitt for DD when I realized the padding was basically gone from her Wilson. Grabbed an Mizuno MVP from the local store. It should last a couple of years and then we'll take a look at the Vinci. The Nokona I ordered is a fielders mitt.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Thanks Greenmonsters but I just picked up a new catchers mitt for DD when I realized the padding was basically gone from her Wilson. Grabbed an Mizuno MVP from the local store. It should last a couple of years and then we'll take a look at the Vinci. The Nokona I ordered is a fielders mitt.

The Mizuno probably won't last more than a year if she's playing TB and/or catching girls throwing 55+ so you may be looking at the Vinci sooner than you think!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
She only used it the last two weeks of TB however, she is catching a girl in the off season that is a consistent 55-60mph so maybe I will be looking next year.

Did that glove (the Vinci)take long to break in? I'm not a fan of the steaming or chemicals to speed the process along. The MVP got about 7-800 throws before she used it in a game and even then it seemed like the heel was not a broken in as the pocket. A couple of weeks later and it does seem better.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
She only used it the last two weeks of TB however, she is catching a girl in the off season that is a consistent 55-60mph so maybe I will be looking next year.

Did that glove (the Vinci)take long to break in? I'm not a fan of the steaming or chemicals to speed the process along. The MVP got about 7-800 throws before she used it in a game and even then it seemed like the heel was not a broken in as the pocket. A couple of weeks later and it does seem better.

There aren't any shortcuts w/ good leather (that's why it lasts), but DD had her new Vinci ready for game use in about 5 weeks

Aug 8, 2010
There aren't any shortcuts w/ good leather (that's why it lasts), but DD had her new Vinci ready for game use in about 5 weeks

Thanks Tim, and you are right on about there being no shortcuts. There is always a price to pay. The JCV-VM is a tank as far as durability/design. Divide the cost out over how many seasons it will last and I think it is the best value available. Of course that is if the player is ready for a mitt like that. Not a beginners mitt, but we have those also.

Casey Howell
Vinci Fastpitch Player Rep
howell@syrupcity.net
229-224-0759

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06