Fun year hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
For some reason 14U DD started hitting the ball to the fence consistently this year, good for her.

What was interesting about it was when coach started batting her leadoff.

She would whack the ball to the fence then the other Team's OF would move way back and not come back in opening the OF up for the other hitters.

They might start to sneak in, DD up again, whack, back they go again. 😊

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Since I posted in the shameless brag thread, which I have only done once before I will share DD's best play this year.

DD is on 3rd with bases loaded 2 outs.

Dropped 3rd strike, DD was sliding over home plate before defense knew what was happening. They should have just threw it to 1st for the out but on paper the right play was to step on home for the force out which the C did but 2 seconds late.

Not sure how to teach a runner to do that.

I always enjoy when a smart player extends an inning, preferably our Team. :)

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
That's a heads up play, but I'm not sure how this play counted. The 3rd strike would have ended the inning with the bases loaded. All the runners leaving the bag does not mean that their bag was not covered before the pitch. So 1st base was not open to a 3rd strike dropped ball in this case, as there was no force play to be made.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
That's a heads up play, but I'm not sure how this play counted. The 3rd strike would have ended the inning with the bases loaded. All the runners leaving the bag does not mean that their bag was not covered before the pitch. So 1st base was not open to a 3rd strike dropped ball in this case, as there was no force play to be made.

Except for the fact that the rule changes with 2 outs, the batter can take 1st base on a D3k even if its covered at the time of the pitch. That's why the catcher can normally just step on home in a bases loaded situation as it becomes a force play.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00