Elite Travel Ball fees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2016
Here is an example straight from a teams web site. All equip and uniforms is provided for the player by a sponsoring equipment manufacturer other than their bat. Our org had a similar set up with all of us wearing and using Mizuno eaquipment and they provided everything to the top 18U team including uni's, gloves, and shoes.

Team Dues: $300 per player for the full year, checks should be made out to.......

Travel: Air and hotel travel are arranged and paid by the organization. Ground transportation is available to players traveling without parents, which most commonly the case. Players are responsible for cost of meals.

E
Thanks Rambler34....is this from a Elite organization from Birmingham near Irondale ??..(hint)...

Is this for all teams in the organization or just the top 18u?.....if you don't mine me asking what all tournaments your DD's team play in??

I appreciate the knowledge

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Thanks Rambler34....is this from a Elite organization from Birmingham near Irondale ??..(hint)...

Is this for all teams in the organization or just the top 18u?.....if you don't mine me asking what all tournaments your DD's team play in??

I appreciate the knowledge

Possibly a team near Irondale and this is for the top top team. The others basically pay their way and cost would depend on where they play. We are not with this organization but I do understand the costs are very reasonable for all of the teams and really depends on the travel. Once you hit 14U all of the top organizations are playing the same tourneys so unless you are charged big fees just to be a part of the team it all ends up being the same.

Jul 19, 2016
Possibly a team near Irondale and this is for the top top team. The others basically pay their way and cost would depend on where they play. We are not with this organization but I do understand the costs are very reasonable for all of the teams and really depends on the travel. Once you hit 14U all of the top organizations are playing the same tourneys so unless you are charged big fees just to be a part of the team it all ends up being the same.

Thanks Rambler34.......That is very helpful.....I personally really like that organization near Ironadale...and hopefully one day that my DD is apart of it.....

But im researching to see more bout them and other top organizations around the south.....

I hate to say it...Im not willing pay 15,000/20,000 a year to a orgainztion for my DD (with travel cost included or not)........Thats around 60,000-80,000 for 4 years with the orgaiztaion....LOL!...Thats is her in-state college fee for 4 years.... :).......that means I've already paid 70 -100%% of school..and with academics scholarship its paid for... :)! ...

I think personally that's a awful investment at that price 15k/20k a year just in hopes to receive a 50% or 70% scholarship ......I can see 3k-5k/year with travel included....other then that we'll continue to feed her 529 college fund.... :)! (Better investment)

Thanks again for the insite....

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Man, I love my kids more than anything and want to give them the best opportunity at whatever they pursue and are passionate about. $10-20,000 is way out of my league lol. I'm just a blue collar dude with three kids and a lot of bills. I hope some day my lack of funds doesn't affect if a college will notice my kid or not, but am guessing there's a pretty good chance of that happening to some extent.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
For a lot of sports, this is the case.

If you are rich with a talented kid, there are plenty of doors that the $ can open. (Without the talent, the doors won't open anyway).
A poor kid with talent has fewer options. Notice that there seem to be certain sports, such as football and basketball, that are seen as the ticket out of the ghetto, while other sports not so much.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Man, I love my kids more than anything and want to give them the best opportunity at whatever they pursue and are passionate about. $10-20,000 is way out of my league lol. I'm just a blue collar dude with three kids and a lot of bills. I hope some day my lack of funds doesn't affect if a college will notice my kid or not, but am guessing there's a pretty good chance of that happening to some extent.

You don't need to spend nearly that much money to have a talented kid get a good college opportunity.

But, there are families that can't afford anything beyond rec ball, much less showcase teams that are spending 15-20 nights a year in hotels. And if you are in a single-family situation with multiple kids, it gets even harder, not just the cost, but the time that a parent has to devote to training the player.

When I look back that small organization where my DD began playing, there are maybe 8-10 who will play in college that are in a 3/4-year window of each other. They're all children of parents who put a lot of time and money into them. The talented kids who lacked that are gone. At least half if not most are coaches' daughters. The average player in that group was a little more athletic than the average kid who was in their rec league, but not much. Opportunity and parental support are huge. Overrides talent and desire much of the time.

Feb 15, 2016

You don't need to play on an "elite" team to get noticed. The vast majority of college players play close to home. Get on a good solid team that plays in your area showcases and is competitive at whatever the area sanctioning body is. I know plenty of girls playing on P5 and other solid D1 teams that played on good teams that played their local showcases and travelled a couple times a year to an ASA or USSSA regional nationals. If you are from Missouri and your DD wants to go to Mizzou, you are fine playing locally. If she is good enough, she makes contact with the coaches, you camp there, they see you at some showcases, and they like her she has a shot. Just as much shot as the girls on the $20,000 team. Maybe a better shot because she might get seen more locally. If you are from North Dakota and DD is good enough and wants to play for Florida you need to do the work to get noticed and get seen. That most likely means getting on an Elite team that will get her in front of those coachss. I know a player on a very good D1 team who never played elite travel ball and just showed up at their camp. They were so impressed they offered her on the spot... Regardless of where she plays she has to be good. If she is really good, there are multiple ways to get noticed other than elite travel ball.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
You don't need to play on an "elite" team to get noticed. The vast majority of college players play close to home. Get on a good solid team that plays in your area showcases and is competitive at whatever the area sanctioning body is. I know plenty of girls playing on P5 and other solid D1 teams that played on good teams that played their local showcases and travelled a couple times a year to an ASA or USSSA regional nationals. If you are from Missouri and your DD wants to go to Mizzou, you are fine playing locally. If she is good enough, she makes contact with the coaches, you camp there, they see you at some showcases, and they like her she has a shot. Just as much shot as the girls on the $20,000 team. Maybe a better shot because she might get seen more locally. If you are from North Dakota and DD is good enough and wants to play for Florida you need to do the work to get noticed and get seen. That most likely means getting on an Elite team that will get her in front of those coachss. I know a player on a very good D1 team who never played elite travel ball and just showed up at their camp. They were so impressed they offered her on the spot... Regardless of where she plays she has to be good. If she is really good, there are multiple ways to get noticed other than elite travel ball.

This is very encouraging and I personally am glad to hear it as DD is moving up the ranks into 14U. In Atlanta, there are a few "elite" organizations (5 or less; some say 3) and, obviously, only so many girls can make those teams. There are lots of "second-tier" A level teams that are full of really talented girls. It's good to know that you don't have to fight tooth and nail to get on those "elite" teams and that girls can do really well without them. So, thanks!

Jun 12, 2015
This is very encouraging and I personally am glad to hear it as DD is moving up the ranks into 14U. In Atlanta, there are a few "elite" organizations (5 or less; some say 3) and, obviously, only so many girls can make those teams. There are lots of "second-tier" A level teams that are full of really talented girls. It's good to know that you don't have to fight tooth and nail to get on those "elite" teams and that girls can do really well without them. So, thanks!

Our coach said organizations like the Vipers are great for getting noticed by colleges. So what he liked to do when he was coaching his daughter's team was play in all the same tournaments and try to play against them.

Nov 18, 2013
Our coach said organizations like the Vipers are great for getting noticed by colleges. So what he liked to do when he was coaching his daughter's team was play in all the same tournaments and try to play against them.

Funny you bring up playing in tournaments with the Vipers. DD's first real interest came after facing the Vipers at Natuonals in Midland TX and a couple of schools were watching their players. I wouldn't suggest counting on getting noticed that way, but occasionally you get lucky in who you play.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan