Easton F2 compaired to Demerini CF6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 2, 2013
Bat , Easton F2 good bat with a nice pop to say the least. My DD is swing a 31 -10 noticing the ball marks on the bat are all from the center out with most being within 2" from the top edge. She is hitting to the fence. I was thinking of moving up to a Demerini CF6 32 -10 giving her a better bat (?) with a little longer reach. She is 5'5 @ 120lbs strong girl. So Coaches Help ?. -9 , -10 or -11 ? or leave her alone :) .Thanks Coach Grady

Jan 3, 2014
Everybody told me my daughter was swinging too small a bat. She regularly hit the ball to the fence with her 31/20 CF6, and led her team in average too. She went yard a few times. There aren't a lot of 12u girls around here doing that. You could see she was eager to get to the plate when it was her turn. She had a confidence that was obvious. Her coaches told us "imagine how far she would hit the ball if she had the right bat". So, we got her the 32/22 CF6 they all recommended. Suddenly, line drives and deep fly balls became ground balls and popups. Her confidence decreased. She endured with the new bat for some time before going back to old faithful when she came up with a game on the line. She cranked a line drive double to left center and broke the bat. Since then, she's continued to work with the new bat and is hitting well again but it's taken some time.

I'm sure all her very experienced coaches are right that she'll do better in the long run with the extra inch and a couple ounces. She's a strong kid. But, I think we did it wrong. A lot of people will advise you that the best bat for your DD is the one that gives your player the most confidence. I agree. My advice is don't be in too big a rush to change things when what you're doing already works.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2013
Bat , Easton F2 good bat with a nice pop to say the least. My DD is swing a 31 -10 noticing the ball marks on the bat are all from the center out with most being within 2" from the top edge. She is hitting to the fence. I was thinking of moving up to a Demerini CF6 32 -10 giving her a better bat (?) with a little longer reach. She is 5'5 @ 120lbs strong girl. So Coaches Help ?. -9 , -10 or -11 ? or leave her alone :) .Thanks Coach Grady
If she is hitting to the fence with the EASTON FS2 why would you switch to a DEMARINI?.If anything IMO I would stick to an EASTON FS2 and get her a 32" or 33" especially if she has been swinging an EASTON for awhile.

Jan 3, 2014
Humpty - Yep. Next time we get one ripping hot like that, we'll keep it on ice and only use it in games. At least her last hit with it was a game winner. :)

The DeMarini is not a "better" bat than her Easton. Just different versions of each company's high-end offering. Might be better for some, not for others. Each is great in its own right.

If she likes the FS2, get her a 32" and start breaking it in now. This would probably include mostly daddy swings at this point but you could slowly transition her to the longer bat over a period of time so her confidence isn't shaken.

Remember, confidence lasts only as long as your last game. It is fleeting and one bad weekend with her current bat could make her pine for the new one just as easily as one bad game with the new bat might make her long for her old one.

Her size indicates to me a 32" bat should be perfect. If she were on my team, I'd try to get her there sooner rather than later.

If possible, let her hit with a few 32" bats ... FS2, CF6, Xeno, LXT, Mako, FS1, CF7, etc. One usually comes to the forefront if you are able to put a couple of hundred swings on each.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2013
My daughter is a big 10yo at 5'4" - 125lbs. She was swinging the 31/21 FS2 for awhile and hit well with it. In December, she tried the 31/21 CF5 Insane and I'd say she gained a solid 20 - 30 ft in distance from the switch. She hit her first otf HR with the Insane, and is hitting the ball to the fence every tournament.

So, if someone has an Insane that she can try, I'd recommend giving it a try.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
This would probably include mostly daddy swings at this point .

Unless daddy cant hit...haha

But you are absolutely correct. All Manufacturers' high end bats are very good, just require different tastes.
I have no idea why you would switch to something else if you are hammering with so and so bat. Just go up in size (if possible) and stay with it.
it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00