Durable Team Equipment Bag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2013
Looking for a durable team equipment bag with substantial wheels. I generally use the bag to carry one or more of the following - 1 doz TCB heavy balls, TCB wiffle balls, Mojo balls, Tanner Tee, 3-4 softballs (most are in buckets), 2 or 3 bats, scorebook, line up cards, catcher's mitt, water bottle, pens and pencils, first aid kit, tape and glue, sunblock, eyeblack, small tools, towel, energy bars, etc.

I purchased a few catcher's bags from big box sporting good stores and they have not worked well at all. Bags were unsteady or flipped over when rolling, sagging and ragging, torn zippers, ripped fabric, etc. Garbage after one travel ball season.

Heavy duty construction, ease of transport on grass and though parking lots and intelligent design are my main concerns. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 22, 2013
We have the Boombah bags as our player bags but I find the main opening too narrow for larger items. Great player bag for the money. The No Errors looks good but it does seem to have special pockets, etc. especially designed for cleats and catcher's equipment (which I don't need). I really want a large team bag with a bat sleeve for several bats that can handle rough terrain and is the most durable in the market. Just tired of dragging a ripped and sagging bag around parking lots.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Try one of these. Amazon.com : Louisville Slugger EB 2014 Series 5 Ton Baseball Bag, Black : Baseball Equipment Bags : Sports & Outdoors. They're on sale for somewhere between 40-45 bucks for the 2014 model. I've had mine for 2 years and it's still in decent shape. The only complaint I have is it has the smaller wheels so it can be a little difficult to drag through high grass if the warm-up areas haven't been recently cut. But for $45 I can deal with it:D The opening is wide but a bit shorter than I would like but still large enough to do what I need it to do.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I am really looking for a team equipment bag but not an individual player bag or catchers bag.

The one I have and gave a link to is a team bag. It can hold 4-6 bats, 4 -6 helmets, catching gear and even more. check out the reviews on the link. For the price, it's hard to beat. They do make bigger ones but the price goes up from there.

Sep 22, 2013
I ended up purchasing the Mizuno MX equipment bag. Great bag and really well built and this bag can hold a ton of team gear. Just what the doctor ordered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi