Demonstration of the Virtual Softball Academy Gold App

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2009
Connecticut
embed.jpg

Demonstration of the Virtual Softball Academy Gold app - best slow motion app on the market!
Join us for a Webinar on Wednesday, May 23

Space is limited.

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/573118954

Watch an online demonstration of the revolutionary new technology in the virtual softball academy gold app available on itunes. The best softball analysis application with Proprietary Frame Interpolation Technology (FIT), giving crystal clear and smooth playback - rivaling expensive “desk top” video teaching systems!
Use for analyzing all aspects of your game – hitting, pitching, and throwing. Watch how fast improvements happen with video analysis right from your iPhone™!

“Ask the pro” feature where you can ask a softball professional at Virtual Softball Academy to analyze your swing or your pitch. One free gold evaluation with download of this app.
Title:
Demonstration of the Virtual Softball Academy Gold app - best slow motion app on the market!

Date:
Wednesday, May 23 2012
Time:
12:01 PM - 12:30 PM EDT

Get a FREE Gold Evaluation with the download of this app!
Available on itunes

Virtual Softball Academy

Virtual Softball Academy Gold app demo

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
I'am willing to check it out,went to your site yesterday and checked out some of your video clips on pitching.I would not recommend the pitching inst. because the little girl in the video was doing the hello elbow,so to me that makes me think that your a little behind in times.

Sep 10, 2009
Connecticut
Posted on behalf of Kim Gwydir, former top 25 Division 1 softball coach, current instructor USA Elite Training and Virtual Softball Academy:

I would like to mention the player in the video is 9 years old! So you are not going to recommend instruction because the 9 year old doing the demo does not have perfect form? Did you listen to the actual instruction? Did you hear the part about a loose relaxed arm? About creating a 'W" with the elbows on the way down in the circle? So because of your debating the finish of a 9 year old you would not recommend it? Seems very short sighted to me.

The video was 1 in a series of videos on the foundations of pitching - which means we are trying to teach the basics to young players in a way they will understand. Most 9 year olds will not continue to pitch in high school. What the video series aims to do provide is an easy to understand method for teaching young pitchers. Finishing with a loose relaxed arm with what we call a "hand says hi" finish is an easy to understand way for a young pitcher to create a finish that will not injure them. We are not talking about pulling up to the armpit or shoulder.

The pitcher in the video is a again 9 years old and sad to say is on the small side even for a 9 year old. She usually walks 0 batters in a game and has a changeup that most high school students of mine wish they had. If I was coaching 9 year olds I would take that in a heart beat.

As for being "behind the times" - I have had the pleasure to instruct a USA Olympic Gold medal pitcher, Canadian Olympic team pitcher, had at least 1 all - conference pitcher 9 out of 10 years I coached at Division 1 and have taught more high school all state players than I can remember. The softball teaching apps that I have headed the development of are at the cutting edge of technology. Being "behind the times" I think not.

Kim Gwydir - former top 25 Division 1 softball coach, current instructor USA Elite Training and Virtual Softball Academy