Demarini CF9 -11 alternative for 10U hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 22, 2014
I'm tempted to try the 2016 LXT -11 that closeoutbats has for 189 and hope that Demarini comes through with another replacement.

Nov 10, 2016
I would jump all over a drop 11 LXT at that price. My DD has a cf9 and cf8 but still wants to use her LXT that is just too small. I actually looked for the bat you mentioned for 189 but I don't see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2017
HI,

I've sold a lot of DeMarini Fastpitch bats over last 5 years. The drop -11 for smaller girls is by far the best I've ever seen but with that said I would say just about half the -11 bats I've sold cracked less than a year. The main reason is the walls are thin that make the ball jump off that bat.. There are several things to consider to make her bat last. Also I think I've only done 2 warranties on -10 and none for the rest of the drops in five years.

1. Don't use it for BP..use practice bat less expensive but same length/ounce bat..Save the hits...
2. Make sure she rotates the bat after several hits..especially when she is taking lots of swings before games...distribute the hits as much as possible evenly around the bat..if she hits in same spot constantly with out rotating will weaken the wall on that side and will crack sooner than later.
3. Make sure the bat fits the girl..bigger girls don't need to be swinging -11...so when I see smaller girls constantly breaking them..I will bet you that 1 and 2 apply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi