"Crazy Mommies and Daddies" 2012 Award Entries

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2008
I have the ultimate crazy mommy story.

A few years back I had a kid on the team that was a great kid but had no and I mean not one ounce of athletic ability, but she came from a family that the Org liked so we took her. As the season went on her BA constantly dropped to the point she was a guaranteed out when she came up to bat. When she diddnt play any of the elimination games only pool she approached and asked what she could do to win her time back. I told her you have to work on your hittng.

All week long mom is e mailing me what progress they had made over the off week. Game time rolls around and I put her in to prove her self. 1st ab k 2nd k looking 3rd k. As im standing on the 3rd base line after her last k I hear the mom say........... all week long she has worked on hitting certain pitches, and that pitcher never threw her one of them. The look on the rest of my parents faces was priceless.

Gotta love crazy mommies.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 1, 2010
One of our pitcher's dad screaming about a closely contested seeded pool game "He (coach) does this all the time, intentionally makes the girls lose, so we get into a tougher bracket and get eliminated just so he can go home early".​

Dude, this is a volunteer, non-dad coach who drove on his own dime 400 miles to lose so he could go home early???? :confused:

Real issue was his DD wasn't pitching! Wouldn't have mattered anyway, girls were not making the routine outs, so Jenny Finch would have had a hard time.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 3, 2011
Crazy wife stories? I think momosdad has posted a couple in the past
LOL!

She got fired as Team Mom and lost her dugout privileges after the last spring season because she felt that her role included not only coaching, but also griping about my coaching decisions. When it was time to change pitchers - for whatever reason I wanted - she would get huffy and complain that I should not be taking our daughter out of the circle. This is rec ball we're talking about and I was completely comfortable with giving multiple kids the opportunity to pitch or play 3B. We were good enough to be competitive and even to win some games regardless of where I played most of the girls. I even had a 1st-year player who got innings at 1B once she learned how to catch.

During the summer all-star season, believe it or not, things got even worse. She was full on in supporting the kid, but it was the first time she'd ever been the parent of a player who was NOT the star of the team and that just didn't sit well with Mama Bear at all. There had been a few other 8u players who made all-stars in past years, but Mojo was about the youngest as she hadn't even turned 9. That achievement alone wasn't enough for Mom, though - she wanted her in the starting lineup and batting #3. Every game.

For the fall TB season, there was a lot less stress, but even when we had a game in hand, she'd wonder why I was lengthening the games by giving the less experienced pitchers some work. Fortunately, though, she'd wait until after the games to raise any issues and because we were winning so often, she didn't bother me much at all.

Now that we're back in rec this spring, though, she's put her foot down and declared that Mojo will not return to rec next year, even though she was the one who actually helped me to convince our daughter to decline the invitation to join a full-time team this year. I have my reasons for wanting to improve the rec ball experience for everyone and while she understands where I'm coming from because she understands me as a person, she feels I'm also deliberately holding our daughter back by forcing her to be a part of it. I may have some degree of influence over our daughter, but I'm not forcing her to play with her friends. She does want to be on a great team, but if you were to ask her, she also enjoys helping to bring the game to girls who haven't had the same kinds of opportunities she has had.

Sometimes, we receive blessings that aren't necessarily easy to endure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi