"Crazy Mommies and Daddies" 2012 Award Entries

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Here's where that crazy daddy made his mistake. He asked when he just should've been like Nike - Just Do It! Fence at DD's HS is portable. If she's coming up 10 feet short regularly, it'd take me only about 30 minutes to move the sections in the dark by myself and no one would even notice as there's no warning track! How do I know this to be true? I'm not sayin'

We don't have portables for HS ball, but I'll remember this in the summer for TB. Great idea.

Jun 21, 2010
Yesterday's HS game. Crazy daddy shows up a little late and begins to yell at his daughter who is pitching. Telling her to throw harder. Push off harder. Telling her where to pitch the ball. I'm wondering what the coaches were thinking, but wondering about the poor girl out there trying her best ( her team lost bad both games ). Crazy daddy yells at ump about a shot down the third base line thinking it was a foul. After first game he confronts his daughter behind the dugout and she's trying to get away from him and he won't let her.​

It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. He was loud! I was embarrassed for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Here's where that crazy daddy made his mistake. He asked when he just should've been like Nike - Just Do It! Fence at DD's HS is portable. If she's coming up 10 feet short regularly, it'd take me only about 30 minutes to move the sections in the dark by myself and no one would even notice as there's no warning track! How do I know this to be true? I'm not sayin'

One downside to your idea is that both teams would get to hit on the shorter field....not good if the other team brings some BIG BATS! Another downside is your pitchers ERA is going to explode, causing the parents of the pitchers to sneak out and move the fences back to 225 FT before the next game.....

Jun 18, 2010

That reminded me of the "Semi-Regionals... 47 foot mound... you gotta read this story!" thread. ;)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD’s softball season starts this Saturday, 1st Team practice, and she cannot make it because of a piano recital. Manager has purposely setup all the Team practices on days and times DD cannot make it to practice. He did this on purpose so DD does not compete with his DD.

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
A dad asked me if I knew any good hitting coaches for his DD. I told him of the guy my DD goes to. He told me that he did not like that guy. I asked, Why? He said that hitting coach and others wanted to make his DD change her swing so she would stop "squishing the bug." he said his DD was having a hard time "fixing" that so he wanted a coach that taught that kind of swing.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
This past weekend I drove about 8 hrs to see my adopted DGDs play a tournament. Unfortunately, one talkative dad had to show up. Now this dad knows the game as he coaches his older sons baseball team. You would think he knows talent. But when he sees his daughter play, he is wearing rose colored glasses. This girl is a fine young lady, gives it all on the field, gets along well with the other girls, but an athlete (softball player) she is not. Balls get passed her in the outfield, he will say it took a bad hop. Fly ball she misses, sun got in her eyes on a cloudy day. Playing third base, she misses ball because it was a line shot or hit a rock. The first basemen throws a perfect ball to her at 3rd to get a runner she misses, and he says the ball should never have been thrown. He says she is really a good pitcher if the coach would just give her a chance (the team has 3 very good pitchers). I have watched this girl bat for over a year and have never seen her take a swing when she was balanced. I don't know how, but he always finds a way to sit beside me. I spent most of last year going through this and really got into pretty good shape because I would take walks just to get away from him. Thankfully, my DGD moved up this year and they have their first tournament this weekend. Unfortunately, her old team is playing in the same tournament so I will get to see both teams play. I just hope his son has a baseball tournament somewhere. Sigh....

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Sounds bad but in Fall ball, not coaching, I have sat on the opposing Team’s side just not to hear all the noise. Hear the same noise on their side but I can ignore it better because IDK the players.

Jan 25, 2011
Yesterday's HS game. Crazy daddy shows up a little late and begins to yell at his daughter who is pitching. Telling her to throw harder. Push off harder. Telling her where to pitch the ball. I'm wondering what the coaches were thinking, but wondering about the poor girl out there trying her best ( her team lost bad both games ). Crazy daddy yells at ump about a shot down the third base line thinking it was a foul. After first game he confronts his daughter behind the dugout and she's trying to get away from him and he won't let her.​

It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. He was loud! I was embarrassed for him.
IMO,it is never that kind of parent that is embarrassed,it is the poor kid,that is embarrassed,maybe he was late because,he stopped for a few drinks before the game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi